No announcement yet.

Your 2018 Trad Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My #1 goal for 2018, is to figure out what the heck has happened to me, and regain the ability to make good shots at critters!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It took me about that long and a lot of money I really didn't have. It was just a rag horn but the overall journey with the longbow was more than worth it. Time spent with my brother exploring the West Elk Wilderness remains some of my fondest memories. We had many conversations about why we were making things so hard to accomplish with our choice of equipment . He was able to harvest a spike and a rag horn with his Robertson Peregrine. Best times of our life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        My #1 goal for 2018, is to figure out what the heck has happened to me, and regain the ability to make good shots at critters!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        You and me both.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch
          Sorry to hear that but I'm kind of relieved to hear that slumps can happen even to the most experienced of shooters. I'm sure you will get it back soon Bisch! I was shooting well then had a mid-season slump that was so bad I actually cancelled my hunting plans on two weekends - my confidence had gone to hell and I didn't want to make a bad shot on a deer. I've gotten pretty much back in the groove now, but I honestly can't pinpoint what changed - something just clicked. Part mental, part form flaw most likely.

Comment

Happy New Year Yall!:

Cut shafts and fine tune. As of now Ive never cut a shaft and all are factory full length.

Learn how to serve my strings and do it

Change out my virgin strike plates that now look like theyve been through a couple rough years at the Chicken Ranch during an oil bust

Beat ChuckC at a TBOT shoot in the longbow division...Ive got to get rid of my riser aiming marks first

Slay the GSD sized coyotes that terrorize my dogs at night and subsequently terrorize my slumber

Kill a Granger hog with my Blueridge or Lynx

Comment

I would like to meet some of y'all. I have not had a chance to meet a lot of you fine people.

I am going to try to make more TBoT shoots this year.

Comment

Set your goals higher Briar Friar, strive to beat Bish or Rusty! If they didn't have a seniors division I couldn't make a showing. My goal is still to execute each shot no matter if it's foam or an animal! Pressure makes my form go out the window. My heart beats so fast when I draw on a buck it's actually kind of scary! I'd love to confine that until after the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                  Set your goals higher Briar Friar, strive to beat Bish or Rusty! If they didn't have a seniors division I couldn't make a showing. My goal is still to execute each shot no matter if it's foam or an animal! Pressure makes my form go out the window. My heart beats so fast when I draw on a buck it's actually kind of scary! I'd love to confine that until after the shot.
                  Oh baloney!

Buck fever?...its probably too big a dip of Copenhagen...seems you got some fine critters regardless of the over active ticker. Better too active than not enough.

Comment

As my lead off post suggested, I totally screwed up this WT season. It is a little more embarrassing than I'd like to share on here... in fact, my live thread kind of died because the hiccups were just too much to deal with. So you know it was bad, cause I normally like to just be honest and open about stuff like I have been in the past. It wasn't just one event, but a series of mishaps that just keep plaguing me all fall. So my goals are somewhat based around that.

1. Put last year behind me. Some of it was bad luck... some of it was something else... inexperience maybe or lack of feel perhaps.

2. Not have critter killing "goals" for the year. I'm a numbers guy... I am... but for this year, I am not going to have a target number that I am shooting for. I'm just going to go out and kill whatever I can, whenever I can and just roll it with it. Looking back on last year for the times I had my worse miss/recovery rate, I had set some sort of expectation in my mind... multiple deer, multiple turkey, etc. When I just shot at rabbits for fun... the Big Oak hunt, and the TBH hog hunt I had no expectations and was more successful.

3. Have a successful DIY Elk hunt this fall. By successful, I mean come away feeling like I had a solid chance... enjoyed the trip with my buddies... made lasting memories... learned something... (notice I didn't say kill an Elk... see #2!)

4. Fine tune my broadhead setup... Actually try other broadheads. I've had mixed results with my current setup that I have used now for 3 years... I'd like to have better confidence in it.

5. Complete the 1,000 mile challenge with my ruck.

Comment

My first goal is to shoot 4-5 times a week with my trad bows and improve my shooting.
                      2nd is to meet a handful of you experiance shooters and try to learn from you guys.
                      3rd is to compete in the local 3D tournamentss/leauge with my trad bow.
                      4th to spill some blood with one of my trad bows.

Comment

Swap rabbit, I went on many diy hunts out west with my longbow and recurve. Most of them resulted in no game taken, but they were all successful in that they were the greatest hunting adventures of my lifetime. Set your goal to go as many times as you can get away with. The time will come when the old legs just won't carry you into those beautiful places. If you haven't tried it, go into designated wilderness areas. I highly recommend the west elk widerness in Co. You won't regret it, it's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

2. Not have critter killing "goals" for the year. I'm a numbers guy... I am... but for this year, I am not going to have a target number that I am shooting for. I'm just going to go out and kill whatever I can, whenever I can and just roll it with it. Looking back on last year for the times I had my worse miss/recovery rate, I had set some sort of expectation in my mind... multiple deer, multiple turkey, etc. When I just shot at rabbits for fun... the Big Oak hunt, and the TBH hog hunt I had no expectations and was more successful.
                          That is my goal again this year..... Kill everything I get close to

Comment

I want to shoot more 3 D than I did in the past and get better at it. I would like to travel more around the state to various club shoots and meet more folks from this site in person.

Comment

On the books, 2018 looks to be a crazy year already with lots of adventures ahead including putting a check mark next to one of my bucket list hunts.
                              GOALS

1) SHOOT MORE!!!! I really didn't shoot as much as I usually do this past year, but that has got to change this year!

2) Build up and shoot my heavy bows comfortably.

3) Spend more time in the woods with family.

4) Pick a spot, and put an arrow perfectly into a Cape Buffalo for a clean kill!

5) Have more fun shooting. I got into a bad slump just before hunting season, and am still fighting it now and again, but gotta loosen up and roll with it.

Comment

I wanted to shoot 3d hard n heavy this year and here it is first of jan n my right shoulder n left elbow giving me grief!! Yes im rh, may have try shootin lh but im gonna do it one way or another if it takes killing my arms!!

2 want to get back to bowhunting hard and heavy(though i will try n keep me 20
                                Hog a month nv average lol) and leave the rifle n wheel bow at home n put the fun back n deer hunting.

3. I want to take a mule deer to go with the bear elk n antelope!!

Comment

Working...
                                X