No announcement yet.

Brain cancer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to have the family together at home again.

Final pathology is hoped to be in today. The surgeon came in on Monday with a possible change up on the diagnosis - both are crappy but we are in good spirits nonetheless.

It’s a Glioblastoma Multiforme IDH mutation or Oligo........ (some long word).

Thank goodness Kristin is incredibly positive about this or we would all be a wreck. She should be a case study of how to handle such a difficult situation with elegance.

Yesterday we were able to wash her hair - first time in 10 days. She felt brand new she said. Today the girls are all going off for pedis and nails. I’ll be getting her walking sticks at REI to help keep her balance. Hoping that might suffice instead of a walker.

Comment

Praying

Comment

IowaHunter - you and your sweet wife are in my prayers...

Comment

Continued prayers for you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Continued prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for your wife and entire family..
              My family and I will continue to pray daily!!!!

Comment

Vent time:

The final pathology isn’t complete yet so everything is at a standstill. BCBS won’t approve treatment until it’s in. I understand red tape and insurance woes but this riles me up. Today makes two weeks since brain surgery and they are waiting for some last part to move on.

If anyone has any insight on what paperwork I should be working on for health proxy, insurances, ownership changeover etc... I’m all ears. I didn’t think I’d need to consider those things this soon. PM or post up here is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                  Vent time:

The final pathology isn’t complete yet so everything is at a standstill. BCBS won’t approve treatment until it’s in. I understand red tape and insurance woes but this riles me up. Today makes two weeks since brain surgery and they are waiting for some last part to move on.

If anyone has any insight on what paperwork I should be working on for health proxy, insurances, ownership changeover etc... I’m all ears. I didn’t think I’d need to consider those things this soon. PM or post up here is fine.
                  Nothing wrong with that vent sir.....you guys have earned it. Regrettably, insurance company guidelines are pitiful. I have known patient family to call until they get a sympathetic ear. Some have used advocates from organizations that specialize in specific disease states with limited success. Thank God her attitude is rock solid![emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Vent time:

here's the deal. just keep calling back and asking to escalate. it may take 4-5 times and it's a pain in the ***.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                      here's the deal. just keep calling back and asking to escalate. it may take 4-5 times and it's a pain in the ***.
                      X2. My aunt is fighting the same battle. Not sure who her insurance is through but I know she has to be tenacious about putting pressure on them to get movement. Good thing has been after some prodding they take care of it. I'll continue praying for you all!
                      Last edited by Royal; 09-05-2018, 06:49 AM. Reason: Add.

Comment

We have a name: Anaplastic Astrocytoma Grade 3 IDH mutation.

Radiation and chemo starts on Thursday. Now it’s real.

Comment

We have a name: Anaplastic Astrocytoma Grade 3 IDH mutation.

Radiation and chemo starts on Thursday. Now it’s real.
                          Man, that is a sinister sounding name. Kristin can whip it! Prayers continue.

Comment

Prayers spoken for your wife for complete healing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers continue.

Comment

Continued prayers for Kristin and you and family.

Comment

Working...
                                X