Septic System Magnolia Plantersville area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Septic System Magnolia Plantersville area

Can you guys give me a recommendation for repairing or most likely replacing a conventional septic system? I’m guessing a replacement may need to be aerobic?

If aerobic do they have to be inspected yearly etc?

Thanks

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
    Can you guys give me a recommendation for repairing or most likely replacing a conventional septic system? I’m guessing a replacement may need to be aerobic?

If aerobic do they have to be inspected yearly etc?

Thanks
    Depends on county. Ours have to be aerobic and they are inspected every 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      Depends on county. Ours have to be aerobic and they are inspected every 6 months.
      I think this is pretty standard.
      I'm looking at having to replace mine with an aerobic also. It is not compatible with this much rain!

Does anybody know if you can upgrade the existing tanks to an aerobic system?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
        I'm looking at having to replace mine with an aerobic also. It is not compatible with this much rain!

You MAY be able to convert your pump tank into an ATU provided it's big enough. Then you just get a new pump tank.

Aerobic systems must be maintained every 4 months by state code. Home owners are allowed to maintain their own systems.

Comment

I’ve used Ricky Bonds for two septic systems and have been please with both. Not sure if they service that area but they may

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
              I’ve used Ricky Bonds for two septic systems and have been please with both. Not sure if they service that area but they may

http://rickybonds.com/
              Thanks everyone for the information.

How much does a system run?

Comment

Originally posted by twobittxn View Post
                You MAY be able to convert your pump tank into an ATU provided it's big enough. Then you just get a new pump tank.

Aerobic systems must be maintained every 4 months by state code. Home owners are allowed to maintain their own systems.
                What is involved in maintaining them?

If you can still get a conventional system is that a better way to go?

Comment

Several years ago, I had to replace my field line system with an aerobic and don't regret it. The system has worked almost flawlessly with the exception of a couple of sprayers, which are $20+/- at Lowe's/Homey Depot and easy to replace. The air pump had to have the diaphragm replaced once. My guy inspects our system 3 times a year and the contract to do so is $170 (and that is a deal around here).

The guy I used for install used the same 2-500 gallon tanks and added the pump tank.

No more stink or soft, wet areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
                    Several years ago, I had to replace my field line system with an aerobic and don't regret it. The system has worked almost flawlessly with the exception of a couple of sprayers, which are $20+/- at Lowe's/Homey Depot and easy to replace. The air pump had to have the diaphragm replaced once. My guy inspects our system 3 times a year and the contract to do so is $170 (and that is a deal around here).

The guy I used for install used the same 2-500 gallon tanks and added the pump tank.

No more stink or soft, wet areas.
                    I also have 2 500 gallon tanks and this is what I was hoping to do.
                    Do mind sharing how much it cost??

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                      Thanks everyone for the information.

How much does a system run?
                      Ours was $8500.00 in Iowa for a conventional with sand filter.

Comment

Ricky bonds or AES septic. Probably going to have to crush the old system and install the new. Should be about $6500 but it all depends on the size system.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If there is any way you can stay conventional I personally would.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                            Ricky bonds or AES septic. Probably going to have to crush the old system and install the new. Should be about $6500 but it all depends on the size system.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                            This is in line with the price I paid. All the local guys were at least $1K higher

Comment

Montgomery county is pretty strict on septic systems....if you can repair the existing and not have to pull a new permit with the county I would.

Comment

Working...
                              X