No announcement yet.

Orange Beach, AL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not recommend LuLu's, it used to be pretty good, now a tourist trap. If you want to take the wife to a nice place try Voyagers. Anchor Bar and Grill good place for lunch only about 6 things on the menu. Ask for the fried pork skins for appetizer, its not on the menu. If you happen to catch some fish take them to Cobalt and get them to fry half and blacken half, its really good. The Gulf is popular, three storage containers right on the pass before you cross the bridge. Can eat and drink and watch the boats. Traffic will suck for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      The Steamer Baked Oyster House was really good, I reccomend the char grilled.

We ate at The Original Oyster House tonight with a group of 13 and it was all phenomenal. Best bloody mary I’ve ever had, ask the bartender to drop an oyster in the bottom.

I may OD on oysters.

Traffic getting in here, and while here absolutely BLOWS, and the lines at every restaurant start at an hour and a half. It’s a neat place, and we’re having a great time, but I’m not coming back. It’s too **** crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It's usually crowded but this year is an exception. Seems busier than I've ever seen it, hopefully that's from this covid nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
        I grew up there. Not the same as it was in the 80’s-90’s. I go back about once a year. Tons of places to eat and things to do. Keg or Anchor bar for a awesome burger, Pirates Cove for Bushwaclers, Flora-Bama to say you went there (they do have good bloody Mary’s). Doc’s for fried seafood, Cobalt for upscale seafood.

Cobalt is excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So it has been confirmed the lady wants to go to seafood for her birthday dinner, so is this cobalt the place to go? Also she doesn't like oysters so that doesn't really factor in.

Comment

Acme closes at at 8:00 we went Monday and were the last party they put on the waiting list at 6:00 and were seated at 8:30. I have never waited that long in my life but we had family to catch up with and drinks and games on their big patio made it pass quickly.

There is a new restaurant called The Gulf that was a lot of fun by the big bridge at the state line. Outdoor dining and you can watch the charters come in and people watch. It is all made out of shipping containers and is a pretty cool spot.

There is some kind of green algae or seeweed that is thick. Makes it very difficult if not impossible to surf fish and gets all over you if you get in the water. Never seen it here before.

Comment

Orange Beach, AL

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
              So it has been confirmed the lady wants to go to seafood for her birthday dinner, so is this cobalt the place to go? Also she doesn't like oysters so that doesn't really factor in.

The Original Oyster House was probly my favorite food. Get there early and get your name on the list, purchase a bloody mary while you wait, and walk around the little shops attached to it. That bloody mary was bad ***!

LuLu's was good, but our waiter sucked! The waiter for our kids table was great. They DO NOT have raw oysters.

I really enjoyed a rainy afternoon at Floribama. Old school place, very chill, the guy who calls BINGO starting at 1 is pretty funny. Don't let your kids read the walls in the bathroom.

Comment

I see what you mean about the algae/grass whatever it is in the water. Looks like we will be heading to Cobalt tonight for yesterday's birthday dinner. We didn't get in until about 9 PM

Comment

Went to Cobalt tonight to put our name down around 6:30ish... 3.5-4 hour wait, we were 101st in line lol

I think I drove around and put my name down at about 5 different places. Yall weren't kidding, we finally got to the point where we just wanted FOOD lol so we are currently chilling and eating at Ochoppers, which didn't have a wait.

Cool little place, I'll report back with a consumption report

Comment

FWIW, we are presently sitting at 47th in line at Cobalt still

Comment

We hit Cobalt at 3:00 Wednesday and didn’t have to wait for a table. We adjust our eating times down there most days to avoid the crowds. My parents have a rental down there and we have been going down since 2010 and there are more people there every year…too many for me this year, but it is great for their rental!

Go across the inlet to The Gulf sometime. The food was better and the wait is less than Cobalt in the evenings.There is a second line past the first one to order food that is a lot shorter. It is more casual and all seating is outside but it is nice in the evening.
                      Last edited by Cantcatch5; 07-23-2021, 07:48 PM.

Comment

We tried the Gulf too but the had closed for the evening because of another storm of something

Comment

LMAOOOOOO>...................after approximately 17 years of Orange Beach and Fort Morgan Road area lodging we are due a trip sometime soon. Yes, the waits are crazy but usually kinda fun when you talk with folks just hanging around. Lulu's on the intercoastal was fun every time we went but we always sat outside. Yes, that Bloody Mary looks PERFECT!!! Enjoy the time it is worth the inconvenience's.

Comment

So, on our last day here and eating has definitely been an adventure. Last night the lady wasn't feeling too well so we decided on something "easy"... I went to go get takeout... I'll add that none of the restaurants answer their phones and if they do its only to ask how long the wait is. After seeing the dining situation I'm convinced that every place just doesn't have the man power they need, the turnover rate has got to be high around here.

So we decided on a pizza from Rotolos, and I was going to grab some Mexican from this little hole in the wall place Mexico Lindo (actually ico Lindo because half of their sign is missing. Drove to Rotolos, placed order was told 30-45 mins (and I was one of the last carryout orders they were taking, left there and drove to Mexico Lindo, placed order there. Needed something from Dollar General so I ran there, went back to Rotolos to pick up order and then back to Mexico Lindo to pickup that order. All in all a solid hour to hour and a half process but at least I wasn't stuck at the same place just sitting. Still haven't done the birthday dinner for the lady so that is tonight, was able to snag a reservation for 8:00 at Playa at Sportsmans Marina and hopefully the trip will end smoothly! After dealing with all of the waits and stuff so far I made the decision last night and told her we weren't going anywhere tonight that we couldn't get a reservation "because after everything so far my lady wasn't going to wait, on her last day, for her birthday dinner!"

Cheers fellas, let's get sandy!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                              …. After seeing the dining situation I'm convinced that every place just doesn't have the man power they need, the turnover rate has got to be high around here.
                              !
                              You’re 100% correct on the lack of employee staffing. Sadly it’s the same situation at restaurants and other food serving places across the country. Doesn’t matter if you’re a tourist trying to eat out in San Diego, Boston, Chicago, or Lake Charles. Most employees are still siting at home collecting their $600/week paycheck compliments of the US Government. Food service workers have been conditioned to be lazy and to take advantage of the system. The end loser will be mom & pop owned restaurants that will be forced to close their doors after being in business for decades.

HBD to the Mrs

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                                You’re 100% correct on the lack of employee staffing. Sadly it’s the same situation at restaurants and other food serving places across the country. Doesn’t matter if you’re a tourist trying to eat out in San Diego, Boston, Chicago, or Lake Charles. Most employees are still siting at home collecting their $600/week paycheck compliments of the US Government. Food service workers have been conditioned to be lazy and to take advantage of the system. The end loser will be mom & pop owned restaurants that will be forced to close their doors after being in business for decades.

HBD to the Mrs
                                There's a Mexican food chain down here called Cactus Cantina, when I was on my takeout food venture last night I saw there sign and it made me chuckle. Lit up big on the LED screen it said "Now issuing stimulus checks twice a month, see us inside to learn more".

Comment

Working...
                                X