No announcement yet.

Rehoming Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re right, that was the perfect storm. Dog was focused on you and food and your daughter surprised him. In the right home he’ll be fine. One of the best dogs we ever had would nip at my son and his friends to herd them into one place, she was a border collie trying to work. Good luck finding Ranger a home.

Comment

I’ve gotten the responses I expected for the most part. But I am still hoping someone sees his potential and is willing to understand the situation. As I said he isn’t a vicious dog. And if he has pit in him, there’s an entire world out there that swears by them as pets so not sure that’s a great argument. I do know plott hounds were bread to bay bears and hogs so that may explain the nip more than any other reason. He did nip at my old dogs back legs when he was a pup. I’ll stress this again, if he was crazy mean it’s a different end no doubt. Leverhunter hit the nail in the head describing exactly what happen. TTT.

Comment

What an awful situation to be in. I certainly understand both sides. He's a smart looking dog....but, he's gotta go. I'm really sorry you're having to go through this.

Comment

Looks like a good dog. My nephew has autism and sister had to rehome her cocker spaniel to my grandma after a bite. Dog gained 20lbs and never had another issue at grandma’s and provided my grandmother with a companion and guard dog for 8 years.

Comment

You may be able to find somebody that runs hog dogs. He might fit in just fine.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Sounds like a decent dog and will make someone a fine dog. Tracking and bird dog in 1 package. I can't speak as to the situation but I do know that a dog has a right to defend himself but not be aggressive. Too many times I've seen kids be ruthless and cruel to dogs only to have the dog snap and bear all responsibility for the situation.

Many years ago we had a Catahoula that was very territorial. The neighbor would mow along the fence and the dog would try to bite and attack the mower the whole time. One day the neighbor cut the mower off and reached over the fence to pet him. The dog jumped up and bit him on the hand. The neighbor never said a word of it until a few weeks later when we told him about a service man coming over to do the annual inspection on a system we had and the dog bit him on the ankle. He drew blood. We were shocked but the guy said it wasn't a big deal. That's when the neighbor told us what happened. I wanted to have the dog put down. But my husband quickly found a new home for him. The new owner was a crotchety old man who wanted a dog that would kill squirrels, chase hogs out of the yard, and most importantly bite intruders. The old man loved that dog more than anything.

I'm sure someone who lives alone will love this dog.

Comment

Few more pics to show the bond we have with Ranger as to help explain why we are hoping to rehome him and not immediately put him down. This sucks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did he actually go to bite or was he just startled and when he turned around just caught skin with teeth? My old dog walked by a 2year old once and when they reached out to grab her, she turned around really quick and they were face to face. Luckily the 2yr old was just scared. No matter how much you watch a dog, you never know what will happen.

Comment

I truly feel for your situation.
                      i had a situation, were i had got a full blood German Shepard to mate my Female, he was a BIG Import, and very aggressive, i was trying to show my daughter and her friend that was not that bad, well he just up at the friend to take a treat and nipped her chest, then seeing what he did my daughter backed up, in doing so raised her hand up toward her face, and he jumped up and nipped her chin, causing a big gash. having to take her to ER and luckily they were able to glue it and she had minimal scarring... but the wife and daughter wanted me to put him down right then and there, i looked at from his point, which was he wanted the treat, we had been giving him the treats so he went after the treat, not aggressively to bite her or her friend.. so , I understand the reasoning OP is doing, I did it and in the end regretted it. he is no longer with us...
                      Good luck OP...

Comment

Man hate that! Sounds like he’d make an older mature household happy. Good luck on relocating him to a good home.

Comment

He sure does not look aggressive in any of those pictures. Bear82 made a good comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                            He sure does not look aggressive in any of those pictures. Bear82 made a good comment.
                            LoL yea, did he bite my daughters face or not…. Hate the situation but the dog needs to go.

Comment

Did you put him on craigslist? Somebody will take him. If you want to give him a 2nd chance. Be honest why your giving him away.

Be a good junkyard dog, hogdog. Dog for a mean old ******* who deserves to get bit...etc.
                              Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 07-19-2021, 11:48 AM.

Comment

That dog doesn't need to be put down, you're doing the right thing rehoming him instead. He'll make somebody a great family dog. I could see him riding in the truck down the beach for a single young man with no kids.

On a side note, shelters labeled **** near everything as "Lab mix" no matter what it looks like because they adopt out better.

Comment

Working...
                                X