Any Car Audio Experts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Car Audio Experts???

I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 that the infotainment system is acting up, of course it is out of warranty. The touchscreen is unresponsive and is constantly switching to different screens, etc.

I’m wanting to replace it, do we have any TBH car audio experts that can help me out with what my options are? I’ve searched somenand called a couple local shops.

Has anyone replaced theirs? Any other people have issues like I am experiencing?

Thanks.

Mine did this a few times too, same year and model truck. Disconnected battery for 10 minutes and hasn't done it since.

Comment

Try to do a touchscreen recalibration, can find it on YouTube and its not difficult

Comment

The replacement is easy, but I would try ^^^^ first. If you want to replace, go to infortainment.com. They have factory radios, with all the stuff do DIY, and if you want someone else to do it, they have authorized installers as well.

I hope the other two options work for you though, factory stereo replacement is not cheap.

Comment

The kits and harnesses of today are easy if you decide to replace it.

Crutchfield will sell you all you need

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            The kits and harnesses of today are easy if you decide to replace it.

Crutchfield will sell you all you need

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

X2 they will send you everything you need. I was the local high school installer back in the late 90’s got back into it recently with my kids vehicles and the new stuff is a breeze. I did my sons 2015 Silverado and it was simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys, got the battery disconnected now. Hopefully it’s this easy.

Comment

The screen is controlled by one or more computers. Doubt it is the screen messing up......

Comment

My dad had a 2015 Silverado and his was doing the same thing. Disconnecting the power from the battery worked a couple of times, then it didn’t anymore. He got the radio replaced at the dealership while out of warranty. Cost him a bit over $600.

Comment

Well, the battery disconnect work for a while. It’s back at it.

Comment

Wait quick question, did you replace the cabin air filter recently? There’s a plug back there that is easily bumped and will make the radio go all ****ey if you’re not careful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                        Well, the battery disconnect work for a while. It’s back at it.
                        Well disconnect it again, duh!

Comment

Had this happen on the wife's car.. not a gm but keep product and it was the screen delaminating.. pretty wide spread on uconnect vehicles, not sure if gm has had any similar issues

Comment

I have a 2017 F150 with similar issues. Did all the troubleshooting I could find online to no avail. Looks like it's the APIM, $1300 to replace.

Comment

Working...
                            X