No announcement yet.

Best Texas romantic get away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A truck stop motel with a bed that takes quarters...

Comment

A lot of good suggestions.

Comment

Just put the cash down, go to Big Cedar, eat at Osage Restaurant.

Bring your own flask to supplement if you are a drinker.

Food is one of our passions. Treat yourself to our world-class dining options at Big Cedar Loddge, ranging from casual to fine dining.

Discover Big Cedar Lodge, a haven of natural beauty and rustic luxury tucked into the rugged landscape of the Ozark Mountains, overlooking Table Rock Lake.
        Last edited by Johnny44; 07-12-2021, 04:24 PM.

Comment

There ain’t one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
            There ain’t one.

Comment

I’m a simple man and enjoy simple things, I’ve seen the worlds most beautiful beaches and I gotta say I have a better time below:

Rent a beachside house, do a red dragon pirate cruise, enjoy Padre Island Seashore, and eat at Trout Street.

We offer kid friendly, family fun for those looking for fun things to do in Port Aransas, TX. Family entertainment near Corpus Christi, TX. Two hour pirate adventures on the bay!

Comment

Best thing about Downtown San Antonio are the Pearl Complex, Hotel Emma

Or

Menger Hotel/Pool/Bar, eating at Shilos, Alamo Plaza, and going over to the Buckhorn Saloon

Then giving the whole place the finger on the way out.

I’m not one of these “need a vacation from the vacation” kinda fellas, if I do it, it is a relaxing time.
                Last edited by Johnny44; 07-12-2021, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Cibolo Creek is very exclusive and they don't bother you much. Stay in the room where Judge Scalia died.

Comment

Since I am the World’s greatest lover, everything I do with the wife is about romance and relaxation.

You can even have a good time in Boerne and I’d rate it over Fredericksburg if you do it right.

Comment

My go to Texas place is Gruene but if you wanted to go to Arkansas, check out the lodge on Mount Magazine. We just got back from that area and I really want to go back and stay there. The views are stunning and the whole area around there is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                        The time out off of 155

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Deer lease!!

Comment

Check out the Casitas at Gruene:

https://www.thecasitasatgruene.com

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                              Paris, France…..she’ll love it!!
                              Bingeaux!!!![emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                                I would agree with the Alpine idea. We did that years ago. My wife found a hotel in Alpine, that's kind of interesting. If I remember correctly the main part of the hotel is pretty old, I think has a bar and restaurant, in it. Old stucco Mexican style building, with tile floors. They have cottages back behind the main building, that are each styled differently. It was kind of nice, I would say we really like the one we were in, even being decorated by a pothead hippie type.
                                Your not far from the Davis Mountains and Big Bend. We stayed most of our days in Big Bend. Had Big Bend not bee an option for places to go and it was not so big, I might have been more interested to see what was in the Davis Mountains. We took one day up there, drove around saw a few sights and went back to Big Bend.

So far my favorite place my wife and I have stayed, was the place we just got back from. We went to Tennessee, to a place outside of Gatlinburg. I found a cabin on a creek , near the Smoky Mountains. We rented the cabin for two days, it pretty nice. It was a few miles outside the nearest little town. The creek has rainbow trout in it, so we fished the creek, got a fire going in the pit and sat around and had some drinks that first night. The second night we were there was the 4th of July, the locals set of quite a few thousand dollars worth of fireworks, ammo and I am betting some dynamite or other high explosives. They take their 4th of July and fireworks seriously up there.

I would say the two most romantic trips we have taken were our first trip to Alpine and Big Bend, and the Tennessee trip. I definitely liked where we stayed in Tennessee more so than the place in Alpine. Because we were out of town, in the woods and we could walk 30 yards from the cabin and fish.

I would bet there are similar places in Arkansas, if you are truly limiting yourself to Arkansas, as the farthest you will travel.
                                I would love the info for the ABnB in Tennessee if you'd share it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X