Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Don't DO that!!!
    The least they could do, is give free helmets with the purchase price.

Comment

Been there done that.... them sum pretty little stars a flashing when it happens,

Comment

Like any other TOOL, Don't get complacent///in other words( Keep You Head Out Your ARse..)
        Been there Done that TOO...OUCH!!!

Comment

It baffles me as well, too many have had this happen so i will be very careful driving post, I may just retire my post driver lol.

Comment

Goodness Spence, glad it wasn't worse. I imagine you had a pretty good headache the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
              I wouldn’t have had to use if I would go pick some feeder pens
              Yup!!! I even have 3 more sets I’d sell you cheap. Buy once cry once and no headaches of putting a pen together (pun intended)

Comment

durn Spencer did they have to thin your hair to get to the cut:}

Comment

I worked for a fence company in highschool and have drove thousands of t posts. I would scoff everytime I saw this happen to somebody until it happened to me last year! Luckily I had a baseball cap and sunglasses on. If it wasn't for that I would have probably ended up with a dozen stitches!

Comment

I find it best to avoid the driver all together... then no worries of it biting me....

Comment

That white paint at the top is supposed to tell when to stop going up. I know that but forget in the heat of the moment. Those redheads will get you! Glad you are ok!

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                        No sir 6’—-I have set 100’s of t post and this time I just went to high with the driver and when it came down the driver hit the post on the edge and sent it back at an angle
                        Hmm, guess I just haven't drove enough.....maybe I'll get bonked one day

Comment

I usually wear a hard had when I drive t-posts. I have only bounced one off my head once and I was lucky that I did have one on... It still made me see stars. I can't even begin to imagine how bad it would be driver-on-head.

To those of you that have never done this, drive a lot of t-posts in the texas heat. You start getting desperate to get the **** thing in and you go just a tiny bit too high and bam.

I bought a man-saver pneumatic post driver on my last fence job. End of problem.

Comment

Use the end with the hole in it!!

Comment

I did something similar with a driver my brother welded for me. I hit something hard and the top of the driver broke off and hit me in the forehead. Glad you are ok!!

Comment

Done it once- now when i do pens i go rent a driver and just hold on and let modern machinery work. Glad you are OK.

Comment

Working...
                                X