X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Mikes Steak house.
    Thank me later...

Comment

Make sure y’all go check out Florabama at least once. Fun place!!

Comment

So Lamberts, Florabama, Lulu, Roccos for some Za, Keg or Anchor bar for a burger, and then Big Mikes/Cobalt for a nicer birthday dinner

Comment

Acme and big mikes were my picks. Not a fan of lamberts. Waited there a couple hours to eat chicken fried steak and get a roll throwed at me once. Won’t make that mistake again. Party boats I would suggest an 8ht trip with the entertainer. I would try and book it before you get here cause it will be hard to get on last minute. $150 for an 8 hour trip and $75 for kids 12 and under I think. We did a private trip off the same dock Thursday and they had some good fish! Went with Zeke’s today on a party boat and had a good time. Had 13 little snapper that met the 10” minimum. One red snapper keeper on the boat today for 44 people and same yesterday they said. The entertainer had good baskets of fish but they were booked today or we woulda went with them! Private trip was cool. $700 for 6 hours and we chummed snapper off a wreck and freelined cut bait to them. I had one around 20lbs and little man had one probably 10-12! Never had to hang onto the reel and use the outboard to pull crappie away from structure so that was cool!

Comment

Bring your rods and reels they have a nice pier at the state park on the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              Acme and big mikes were my picks. Not a fan of lamberts. Waited there a couple hours to eat chicken fried steak and get a roll throwed at me once. Won’t make that mistake again. Party boats I would suggest an 8ht trip with the entertainer. I would try and book it before you get here cause it will be hard to get on last minute. $150 for an 8 hour trip and $75 for kids 12 and under I think. We did a private trip off the same dock Thursday and they had some good fish! Went with Zeke’s today on a party boat and had a good time. Had 13 little snapper that met the 10” minimum. One red snapper keeper on the boat today for 44 people and same yesterday they said. The entertainer had good baskets of fish but they were booked today or we woulda went with them! Private trip was cool. $700 for 6 hours and we chummed snapper off a wreck and freelined cut bait to them. I had one around 20lbs and little man had one probably 10-12! Never had to hang onto the reel and use the outboard to pull crappie away from structure so that was cool!
              I remember back when I was you, a long time ago, watching a fishing show withe Lee Children and maybe Archie Phillips or Jack Lovett drop fishing buoys and markers in the gulf or mid waters. They had 12-14’ “cane poles” actually sped stick blanks they put 100# line on. They would drop live croakers or pinfish by a buoy and get ready to hold on! Kept the motor running to move around with the fish a littleThey caught some cobia and maybe a small jack or two. They were having a blast!
              Come to think of it may have been Lew’s show that he used to also sell his stuff. The sales he had at his business in Foley were unbelievably cheap.

Comment

At mobile go to the USS Alabama and submarine. Self guided tours and it's awesome, we spent a few hours there

Comment

Made it home!! The drive home always seems about 3 hours longer! Ate at the shrimp basket last night. It wasn’t bad! They had a good bushwhacker and the funnel cake fries were great!

Comment

Did the traffic seem any heavier than normal? We are leaving Saturday morning for Destin.

Comment

Last summers trip briefing.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                        Did the traffic seem any heavier than normal? We are leaving Saturday morning for Destin.
                        Had a slow down outside of Shreveport coming home and that was about it. Went through Jackson and meridian going down and through Baton Rouge coming home. Travelers there on Tuesday and home on Sunday morning so wasn’t bad at all

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                          Do you remember what it cost? Couldn't find anything online

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                            Do you remember what it cost? Couldn't find anything online
                            Capt. Ringo? I think he charged $400.00 total or so per 4 hour trip.

Rwc

Comment

Orange Beach, AL

The Steamer Baked Oyster House was really good, I reccomend the char grilled.

We ate at The Original Oyster House tonight with a group of 13 and it was all phenomenal. Best bloody mary I’ve ever had, ask the bartender to drop an oyster in the bottom.

I may OD on oysters.

Traffic getting in here, and while here absolutely BLOWS, and the lines at every restaurant start at an hour and a half. It’s a neat place, and we’re having a great time, but I’m not coming back. It’s too **** crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-14-2021, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                Had a slow down outside of Shreveport coming home and that was about it. Went through Jackson and meridian going down and through Baton Rouge coming home. Travelers there on Tuesday and home on Sunday morning so wasn’t bad at all
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X