Tile carpet wood floor installed by Lowes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tile carpet wood floor installed by Lowes

Has anyone used Lowes for new carpet and tile? We've finally got the dogs and kid trained; as much as they can be anyways and looking to install new carpet and wood looking tile. Don't know how their labor force quality is as I know they use outside contractors.

Or is there a good flooring guy on the green screen that can get to me within the month.

I would look elsewhere for a contractor. I went to Lowes and was going to use them for installing gutters on my home. They were significantly more expensive than a local contractor that specializes in seamless gutters.

Good luck with the search!

Comment

I had them do some backsplash work in the kitchen. Never again. They farmed it out to Serv Pro and I did not like them.

Comment

not Lowe's but had Home Depot do some carpet one time, no more.

Comment

Never had a good experience with their instal services. Took us almost 6 months to get shutters installed and they missed one.. them and bass pro’s tracker marine services can all pound sand

Comment

We had them put carpet down in bedrooms in Rockport, came from Corpus, no complaints. I will add I was there to oversee, might have been different if I couldn't have been there.

Comment

Lowes and Home Depot outsource their installs. In my experience workmanship from both has been poor to terrible. Only exception was HD storage sheds from Tuff Shed, they were fine.

Comment

Yea look somewhere else

Comment

We had our gutter installation done through a Lowe's contractor with no complaints.

Comment

I had a garage door I bought from Homer Depot and used their installer. I had no complaints. Did a good job, was on time too.

Comment

We got engineered wood floors from Lowe's and used their installers. I will never use them again. EVER. Installer showed up without floor leveler so the 2 day job ended up being 4. When they showed up without leveler, I was assured they would use the quickset version. Wrong, showed up midday the next day with regular cement. One of the transition trim pieces isn't attached at all. Floor wasn't leveled properly and the floor gives more in some areas versus others. Just not happy with the results. Neither Lowe's or the corporate office of the installer were any help.

Comment

Look elsewhere! 2x burned!

Comment

I would bet on lowes or home depot for carpet but not tile, especially the long wood tile.

Comment

The Big Box stores farm all the work out. Had Home Depot install some windows once and would not do it again. Their sub-contractors damaged the brick and window sills in multiple rooms.

Find a local flooring store that has their own staff doing the install.

Comment

During our renovation, we purchased our upstairs carpet at Home Depot and had their sub install it. No issues, but it was an easy job...few bedrooms and an upstairs hallway.

However, our Contractor strongly recommended not going with Home Depot on tile flooring purchase or install. We ended up going with a local tile/flooring company that our Contractor recommended and everything was done perfectly.

Bottom line, carpet in a few bedrooms, etc., HD/Lowes install ok. Tile/wood/vinyl, you are better off going with a local Company that specializes in that trade. Our Contractor also said that a lot of the tile materials at HD & Lowes are lower quality and sometimes were shipments rejected by the specialty stores. Not sure how true that is, but he indicated you get what you pay and that's why some of the prices are lower at HD/Lowes.

Comment

Working...
                              X