No announcement yet.

HIPPA Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep not a happy issue as stated above. I'd say it falls under more of a discrimination issue.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
      They’re (mostly) private companies, you can always go work somewhere else if you do not like their policies.
      Till they make a policy you don't agree with.

I'd make them fire me or wear a cloth for the memes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just wear one made from a fruit sack. There is no official definition of a mask that I can find. They also sell fishnet cloth at all hobby stores.

Comment

I started a new job on Monday and they asked for my drivers license, social security card, and vaccination card, made copies and gave them back, maybe the new normal
          Also I’m required to wear a mask while at work
          Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 06-04-2021, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
            Till they make a policy you don't agree with.

I'd make them fire me or wear a cloth for the memes.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
            There are always going to be policies someone doesn’t like. What’s great is if there is one you simply can’t live, the door is always open for you to walk out. Nobody is dragging you to that place and throwing you through the front door everyday.

Comment

Hipaa

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                Just wear one made from a fruit sack. There is no official definition of a mask that I can find. They also sell fishnet cloth at all hobby stores.
                We are required to wear a company provided mask if not vaccinated.

Comment

Punch holes in it

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                    In my opinion...

HIPAA does not apply. HIPAA basically says that a healthcare worker, professional, company, etc., cannot inform anyone else about any medical information about you Without your consent. So if your employer was to call your doctor, medical insurance agent or so on and they answered, it would be a HIPAA violation.

Asking you does not apply to HIPAA at all.

I think there is a belief by many people that any medical discussion is covered by HIPAA and I do not think that is true. If you were to tell your friend that you were having a medical procedure done and he told someone else, that person could have a Townhall meeting about it and it would not violate HIPAA.

Whether a company can legally ask you under another set of laws might be a different issue but not HIPAA in my opinion.
                    Your opinion is incorrect. Legally they cannot ask you about your medical conditions. It is just going to take a few lawsuits to slap back some of the employers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      Your opinion is incorrect. Legally they cannot ask you about your medical conditions. It is just going to take a few lawsuits to slap back some of the employers.

This is not true.

They cannot ask your medical providers about your medical info without your consent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Asking if you have been vaccinated is not a violation of HIPAA.

If you don’t want to answer feel free but then you go into the employers ability to terminate you as an at will employee. You can fight that by some other law however it is not a HIPAA violation.

There are probably 100 different websites that directly deal with HIPAA. Many of them are from law firms who get money for filing claims against companies and I have read many of them and they over and over and say the same thing, it is not a violation to ask if you have been vaccinated. There are other laws apply such as if you claim an ADA exemption they must try to provide reasonable accommodations.

But I’m sure all of that means nothing to you and many others believe that if you mention the word medicine or treatment it somehow automatically involves HIPAA. So let’s go to the source. How about HIPPA itself from the federal government website. HIPAA is under the US Health and Human Service. Below is the link from the federal government HHS website and the question about a HIPAA violation for asking about the Covid vaccine. This is a quote from that HHS/HIPAA information website:

“If an employer asks an employee to provide proof that they have been vaccinated, that is not a HIPAA violation, and employees may decide whether to provide that information to their employer.”

Comment

HIPPA applies to medical information sharing. Only legal with consent by you
                          No violation asking if you have been vaccinated or showing proof

Comment

Incorrect

Comment

I went through the same issue with hepatitis vaccines so I know you are incorrect. It went through the legal department.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                                Haven't they always required parents to show vaccine records for school?

Yep.... this is the bottom line. Will be required just like school shots are. 100% compliance will be inevitable, especially for youth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X