HIPPA Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HIPPA Question

If a company allows vaccinated employees not to wear a mask and non-vaccinated employees have to continue to wear a mask does this violate any HIPPA laws in the work place? The company is making vaccinated employees furnish their vaccine card for proof. It seems by doing this it will cause segregation between the employees. Any thoughts?

I work at NASA and they are doing the same thing.
    Its my understanding that they can't ask one way or the other. Its purely just the honor system.

I don't know if that's true or not, but it's a Government run agency trying to stay within their own rules.

Comment

It appears HIPPA does not apply for COVID-19. I’m with you though.

Comment

Once a few lawsuits pillage these companies they'll probably change their tune. It'll be interesting to see how things play out in the courts though because everything around this virus is so wacky and some of it defies logic.

Comment

I suggest some research on what HIPPA is

Comment

They’re (mostly) private companies, you can always go work somewhere else if you do not like their policies.

Comment

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)

I know. Absolutely not pertinent to your question. I don't know the answer but feel lucky I work at a place where I have never worn a mask and I got away with it.

Comment

Haven't they always required parents to show vaccine records for school?

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                  Yes for approved vaccines....

Comment

We are going through the same thing right now. We're asking some questions now to see how they respond. It'll be interesting to see how this all turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                      Yes but in my understanding covid 19 vaccine is experimental and only approved for emergency use correct? Your child can't attend public school without vaccines that are proven studied and FDA approved. That is the difference between the two in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                        Or you could just give us a quick description if you are familiar with what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                          X2

There's lots of info on the web that can explain, even with a quick google search. You might could even call your doctors office and they probably could refer you or even provide you to a lot of info. Or contact your employer's HR department, I'm sure they could send you some info.

Regardless, over the last several months, I have noticed one thing. There are a heck of a lot of people out there that have no clue what HIPAA covers.
                          Last edited by CaptainDave; 06-03-2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Snowflakes….

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                              Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)

I know. Absolutely not pertinent to your question. I don't know the answer but feel lucky I work at a place where I have never worn a mask and I got away with it.
                              I'm in IT but used to work in heavily medical fields. I interviewed a guy who put on his resume he had "Extensive knowledge of HIPPA" So my first question out of the gate was what does HIPAA acronym stand for? He failed that question. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X