AR10 advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR10 advice

Looking at getting an AR10 and need some advice. I’ve looked over Aero, seekins, larue.

Specifically wanting:
    18” barrel
    Threaded for suppressor
    A gun that will eat anything I give it, but could get to 1.5 MOA with a good factory match ammo.
    Fixed stock.

Budget is around 2k before optic. Anyone have reviews of any of these three?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caliber?

Comment

Never heard any complaints from Larue owners.

Comment

Build your own and get a much better gun. I just put together a lights out 6.5 Creedmoor. Without optics, using only quality parts and CMC trigger, I have less than $1K in it. I don't think I could get close to that at the gun store.

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
          Caliber?

Comment

If you plan on using suppressor, i would go with 16" barrel. As for the gun itself, you have a lot of options with $2k. For that money and knowing you will be using a suppressor, i would go for a Piston system. Cleaner and not as much back draft. I have a Sig 716 and love it. Absolute tac driver. You might be able to find some for $2k but i know they've gone up. I wouldn't rule out a good used AR10 either. Ruger SR-7.62 also a piston driven option. And obviously cant go wrong with LaRue, Barrett or Daniel Defense.

My Sig 716 AR 10 is in my avatar pic. Tagged those dudes on the run.
            Last edited by Fmjag64; 04-25-2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post

With that kind of budget it better shoot under .5". Like others have said find someone that can put one together. Piece it together will save money and can buy the best parts in your budget. If you do that buy the best barrel you can find and a great trigger.

But if you are looking for factory rifles you have Larue, Christensen Arms (a little out of budget), Savage MSR, just a few.

Comment

Pof revolution
                Larue tactical OBR

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll sell you an ar-10 with optic for far less than $2000 shoots nearly 1moa and is threaded as well...

Comment

Get a SCAR...AR10's are boat anchors.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post
                      Build your own and get a much better gun. I just put together a lights out 6.5 Creedmoor. Without optics, using only quality parts and CMC trigger, I have less than $1K in it. I don't think I could get close to that at the gun store.

You mind sharing what all parts you used? I’m working on building one now.

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
                        You mind sharing what all parts you used? I’m working on building one now.

Aero M5E Upper/lower with 15" Keymod free float rail

Faxon 18" Big Gunner barrel (wanted a short barrel for hunting)

Toolcraft NB BCG

BCM charging handle

Odin works adjustable gas block

Not sure on the gas tube maker, bought it local

Aero partial lower build kit (I don't like paying for parts that I am not going to use) I put an ergo grip and CMC trigger.

I am sure I am forgetting something. But this thing will touch bullet holes at 100 yards with factory ammo. Looking forward to finding a custom load that it likes to eat.

Comment

Ars are like adult legos. They are pretty easy to put together. I would just build it. I like jp barrels, but they are pricey. For a hunting rig, Faxon works well, so does Odinworks. The rest is pretty much just preference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

For a hunting rig I built a 308 with 16in thin profile ballistic advantage barrel.
                            Also built a 6.5 with 18in heavy barrel and it’s a good bit heavier. Wouldn’t want to tote it around a lot.

Comment

Definitely a light weight SS model. I paid $580 to my door for mine with Gen 2 magpul accessories

Comment

Working...
                              X