No announcement yet.

BEST Steak in Houston?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taste of Texas is fine. But it shouldn’t be considered among the better places.

Comment

Steak 48, Pappas, or Del Friscos double eagle steak cuts.

Comment

B&B on Washington is the best, and I've eaten them all here in Houston 3 forks would be a close second

Comment

Eh, all the high end ones are all the same. And none as good as my cask iron tenderloin I cook at home.

That said, I do prefer Killen’s out of all of them. They have a Wagyu flight that is cool.

Comment

If you go to Mastros, get that butter cake.

Comment

I like Taste Of Texas. Almost screwed up and filled up on quail bites before my main dish arrived. But luckily it all worked out.

Comment

Papas, papas, papas... in that order!!! Truly is amazing how they can char the ribeye as much as they do and have it perfect medium rare. More of a anniversary romantic/dim lit type of dinner. B&B can be a little crowded downstairs.. upstairs is better but I don’t think the steaks are as good.

Comment

I’ve only eaten at one high end steakhouse in Houston, Steam Boat steakhouse. It was pretty **** good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    Good rec. Shepherd is the best. I haven't been to Georgia James because I'd rather cook a steak myself, but Underbelly was my favorite restaurant in Houston.
                    Me and you both! I haven't been either but with a restaurant like underbelly how could it not be good? Ive been wanting to go there to try the baller board. It looks GOOD!

Comment

Pretty sure that there is a B&B Butcher in Houston, nothing I've ever had is even close... I've had Mortens, Del Frisco, Eddie Vs, Ruth Chris, Cattleman's... I've had a lot of nice steaks

Nothing compares to the one I've had at B&B... Also you HAVE to get Chef Tommy's bacon also you need to at least get the Texas Wagu steaks, if you are really spludging get the A5 Kobe but Im not there yet... Don't get the basic aged prime, that's not why your there get the Wagu or Kobe and thank me later

Last edited by catslayer; 02-22-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

All good mentions.
                        Eunice, in greenway plaza has an awesome Ribeye as well.

Comment

If you decide on Vic & Anthony's, be sure to get a chopped salad. You're welcome.

Comment

My vote is for Brenner's Steakhouse on Katy Frwy. I have had phenomenal experiences at Pappa's, and Taste of Texas, but Brenner's has outperformed.

Comment

We love Perry's Steakhouse & Grill.

Taste of Texas is 2nd and excellent too.

Perry's is the tops while Taste of Texas is more casual and general.

Planning to try some of the other favorites listed in this thread.

I MISS ARGENTINA GRASS FED BEEF!
                              Last edited by tigerscowboy; 02-22-2019, 09:06 AM.

Comment

As stated already, Pappas Bros is **** good and has oysters on the half shell

Killens STQ is also fantastic

Comment

Working...
                                X