Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Yeah thats incredible and so much fun!

I know where yall went to kill those. I follow them on IG. They stack them deep and have some loaded fields.

I wish I had more wide open crop fields, but I don't have that many.
    I wanted to go, just couldn’t make it happen. I hunt with a couple of those guys. The other two I’ve never met.

It’s amazing what you’ll gain once word gets out that you’re effective. The more pictures we post the more land we gain. I say we, but in reality it’s all my buddy. He’s got the connections. I just help him kill and post pics.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
      I'm your huckleberry.
      Well.... Got one of those too.... Now Hoglight 66 or 50...850 or 940..

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
        Well.... Got one of those too.... Now Hoglight 66 or 50...850 or 940..
        Cannon,. 850 [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
          I literally have to scroll left, right, up, down to see anything.

Use Tapatalk like everyone else in the world lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone in here looking to get into a different thermal? Have a AGM Secuto TS 50 I’m looking to trade for a different thermal in the same quality range

Comment

Recently got a Pulsar XG50 from Jason... I had a NVision Halo LR and the image was amazing on it but I just really like the features of pulsar. I was always a fan of black hot but I’m really liking this Sepia color palette. Easy on the eyes and really helps out with not having “scope eye”

Comment

Those look great Kevin. Glad you're liking the Thermion XG50. Are you still happy with the swap to the XG from the LR?

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                  Those look great Kevin. Glad you're liking the Thermion XG50. Are you still happy with the swap to the XG from the LR?

Jason
                  I’m liking it so far. I’m just more familiar with Pulsar and like the features.
                  I compared the image of the XG50 to the Halo Lr side by side before I sold the halo.. Looking at cows way way down in a big bottom, the Halo could give a positive ID at a lil further ranges.. I’d say the image quality is 10-15%ish better on the halo. I’m happy with the XG50 and look forward to a hopeful image update soon.
                  Likes on the pulsar are
                  -Built in recording
                  -being able to swap the batteries while keeping the scope running
                  -I like the reticle options much more on the pulsar, especially being able to change the actual reticle color
                  -I’m a big fan of the sepia color palette now
                  -Image quality is fantastic and the 3x zoom is the PERFECT sweet spot for me

Dislikes on the XG50:
                  -The battery life sucks
                  -I run it on semi auto Nuc and it seems like I’m having to Nuc it pretty dang often compared to the Halo
                  -I’ve always liked killing on black hot.....but the image quality is the worst on black hot.. everything looks like blobs and there’s not much detail

Comment

Pulsar XG

Kevin,Jason, I am looking at the XG trying to make a decision asap My question is there any reason not to leave it in auto Nuc instead of semi? And comparison to the XP is the XG worth giving up the FOV for? I would be done if the XG had the same FOV as the XP. I really hate to buy the older model. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggins View Post
                      Kevin,Jason, I am looking at the XG trying to make a decision asap My question is there any reason not to leave it in auto Nuc instead of semi? And comparison to the XP is the XG worth giving up the FOV for? I would be done if the XG had the same FOV as the XP. I really hate to buy the older model. Thanks for any help.
                      I replied to your PM. All good questions.

Most guys run in semi to prevent the scope from NUC'ing while your shooting. I'll be honest and say that most of the time I leave it in auto because it's one less thing for me to think about and I like the image to be as good as possible while I'm recording and auto will NUC more often than I will if I'm on semi. In all of my hunting, I've only had a scope auto NUC while I was shooing twice and it really didn't hurt much other than make me panic for a sec when my screen froze.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                        I compared the image of the XG50 to the Halo Lr side by side before I sold the halo.. Looking at cows way way down in a big bottom, the Halo could give a positive ID at a lil further ranges.. I’d say the image quality is 10-15%ish better on the halo. I’m happy with the XG50 and look forward to a hopeful image update soon.
                        Likes on the pulsar are
                        -Built in recording
                        -I like the reticle options much more on the pulsar, especially being able to change the actual reticle color

Dislikes on the XG50:
                        -The battery life sucks
                        -I run it on semi auto Nuc and it seems like I’m having to Nuc it pretty dang often compared to the Halo
                        -I’ve always liked killing on black hot.....but the image quality is the worst on black hot.. everything looks like blobs and there’s not much detail
                        Very fair review and I've been saying the XG50 has 10-15% less image quality than the Halo LR since the very first night I took it hunting back in the summer. I'm glad to hear the same thing from other unbiased end users. Every reasonable person I've talked to who has experience with both agrees.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                          Likes on the pulsar are
                          -Built in recording

Dislikes on the XG50:
                          -The battery life sucks
                          Great review! I really like the XG, but I before I need to buy my 2nd thermal something else will come out.

I love my reap. Just wish it had onboard recording and 3x zoom. 2.5x is just not enough initial zoom for me

Comment

I looked through a Pulsar Thermal the other night, and, though the sensor was good, one of the higher resolution ones, the optics were not with poor edge clarity and a rounded field. Now, I don't know what model it was, but the guy bought it within the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                              I looked through a Pulsar Thermal the other night, and, though the sensor was good, one of the higher resolution ones, the optics were not with poor edge clarity and a rounded field. Now, I don't know what model it was, but the guy bought it within the last year.
                              Sorry, I'm confused, did you look through multiple scopes or just one? You said the Pulsar was good but then said something else wasn't good. I know you said you don't know what model but without that info we can't really comment on what you were looking at. If you can find out the exact model it would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                                Yeah a lot more info would help. Thermals can be kind of finicky. I hunted with a friend a few months back that had a pulsar xp38. He had not done any research on thermals and just went to a big box store and bought one. He was complaining about how fuzzy / blurry everything was so I checked out. After a quick adjustment to the diopter and front focus, the image was crystal clear. Lots of other variables from identification modes to color palettes can have an impact on how the image looks.

You’re best bet is doing business with someone like Jason who will be there to answer questions and walk you through issues that can come up

Comment

Working...
                                X