Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7-08 Pistol Help

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
    Any Smith should be able to cut and crown it I would have to check but I believe the forearm screw spacing is different between rifle and pistol barrels

Hmmmm, I have a 260 pistol barrel and pretty sure I was able to install a rifle
    forearm on it.

EDIT: Yep. Here it is with the pistol forearm.

Here it is with the rifle forend installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

That's really nice Mike!

Comment

[QUOTE=Mike D;15111739]Hmmmm, I have a 260 pistol barrel and pretty sure I was able to install a rifle
        forearm on it

Hmmmm here is my 243 rifle and 30/06 pistol barrel I guess you could just install one screw

Click image for larger version

Name:	0E5997EB-E660-4B41-96CF-DBB6323A97A7.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	24632105

Comment

[quote=twosixteens;15111974]
          Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Hmmmm, I have a 260 pistol barrel and pretty sure I was able to install a rifle
          forearm on it

Hmmmm here is my 243 rifle and 30/06 pistol barrel I guess you could just install one screw

[ATTACH]1019919[/ATTACH]
          Thanks for the pic. I could probably cut this rifle barrel down and still use the rifle length forearm. After all the input from you guys I have decided to sell one, maybe two, of my pistol barrels and buy a nice custom barrel. I was really set on 7-08 but after thinking on it I may go with 260 Rem. Still haven't decided.

Comment

6.5 creedmoor has also
            Been a good one in a pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
              6.5 creedmoor has also
              Been a good one in a pistol.
              Any idea what velocity a 140 gr bullet would get out of the pistol barrel? Or would you be better off with lighter bullets for the pistol hunts?

Comment

I will ask my hunter that uses it. I know he has checked it. The game changer bullet has work extremely well.

Comment

Barrel

Match Grade Machine can build you whatever barrel you want, they can tap it for you and put bases and rings on it. Couple that they have done for me - 30 BR, and 460win mag
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kenforu View Post
                    Match Grade Machine can build you whatever barrel you want, they can tap it for you and put bases and rings on it. Couple that they have done for me - 30 BR, and 460win mag
                    Very nice. Who made the stock set for those?

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                      Any idea what velocity a 140 gr bullet would get out of the pistol barrel? Or would you be better off with lighter bullets for the pistol hunts?

I shoot 130 class bullets out of my pistol. Furthest I’ve killed with it so far is 155 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ll have to get the information for you he is out of South Carolina awesome guy he measures your hand and grip then builds the grip to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                          I shoot a 7-30 Waters with 139gr at 2,250fps and I’m not close to a max load. Don’t have the Hornady manual here but you should get at least 2,450 probably more with the 7mm-08.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                            I shoot a 7-30 Waters with 139gr at 2,250fps and I’m not close to a max load. Don’t have the Hornady manual here but you should get at least 2,450 probably more with the 7mm-08.
                            That should be plenty of medicine for any of the small west TX deer we hunt.

Comment

I have used my TC Contender with 120gr Ballistic Tips at 2450fps on hill country deer from 10 yards to 225 yards without a problem. Since 1992 that waters barrel has had a 2-6 bushnell trophy that a couple years was still on like it has been for years.

For barrel cutting/crowning or threading https://www.facebook.com/barrelthreading Morgan is good to go. Good prices and work

Comment

Working...
                              X