7-08 Pistol Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7-08 Pistol Help

I have one TC Encore in the rifle setup and one in the pistol set up. I have an Encore barrel in 7-08 that I want cut to 12" for pistol hunting. What pistol scope and rings are you guys using and who would you use to cut and thread the barrel?

Leupold and Warne rings.
    I would send it to bulberry to cut it. We have had real good luck
    With serria game changers

Comment

If the barrel goes on a frame that started out as a pistol, you’re ok, but if the frame was originally a rifle you’re essentially creating an SBR. Don’t know if you knew that stupid law but unless BATFE changed it that’s what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by cantexduck View Post
        Leupold and Warne rings.
        I would send it to bulberry to cut it. We have had real good luck
        With serria game changers
        Pretty sure Bullberry is no longer in business

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          If the barrel goes on a frame that started out as a pistol, you’re ok, but if the frame was originally a rifle you’re essentially creating an SBR. Don’t know if you knew that stupid law but unless BATFE changed it that’s what it is.
          That topic was put to bed years ago. Contrary to popular belief, the Encore frame can be changed back and forth from pistol to rifle and back again or rifle to pistol ect. The ATF has ruled on this and last time I heard there had been no arrests or prosecutions for that offense.
          Last edited by jmeghunts; 09-19-2020, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Any Smith should be able to cut and crown it I would have to check but I believe the forearm screw spacing is different between rifle and pistol barrels

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
              Any Smith should be able to cut and crown it I would have to check but I believe the forearm screw spacing is different between rifle and pistol barrels
              I didn't even think about that. May be better off just ordering a new pistol barrel so that there is no drilling and tapping for a forearm piece.

Comment

I got a set of rings and scope in the classifieds for sale. Willing to work with you on. It has been a great scope on my .308 pistol.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                  Pretty sure Bullberry is no longer in business
                  Great news for the TC aficionados, Fred sold the business to several of his employees. They are still building top quality barrels and performing custom work.

OP - call Troy at BB and discuss your project, he can hook you up

They may even have R&B in stock. I’d go with Leupold or Burris glass
                  Last edited by Cajun Blake; 09-19-2020, 08:13 AM.

Comment

The scope I have for sale is a 2x7 Burris.

Comment

Personally I think I'd just buy a pistol barrel. My 15" 7/08 encore is super accurate and fairly easy to handle in hunting situations. Mine has warne bases/rings and Burris glass and I have been very happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                        Personally I think I'd just buy a pistol barrel
                        Yep, OP could sell the rifle barrel and apply funds towards purchase of a pistol barrel. Should be a minimal investment or possibly a wash. By posting WTT ads, he could likely find someone to trade barrels

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                          The scope I have for sale is a 2x7 Burris.

I will take a look later today when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                            I will take a look later today when I get home.
                            I wouldn't be opposed to a barrel swap with you either if you don't mind getting into a .308 barrel. It is pistol length with pistol holes for forearm. I am actually wanting to get into an sbr length rifle currently. Have 5 boxes winchester 150 ballistic tips and box and a half of federal fusion 150s that would go with it along with pistol stock set.

Comment

Send the barrel to Morgan at class 3 machining. He only charges 60$ for a cut/thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X