• Show
Clear All

I stroke a check.

Comment

0 percent only and make payments...
      Same as cash... otherwise they bend u over

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
        The recent thread on truck prices got me thinking, which is dangerous. But how do you pay for your truck? Cash? Loan? Lease? If you pay through a loan, how the heck do you afford those large monthly payments?

My 2017 F250 got paid off last year and the note was around $650 for 60 months but I paid over every month on it.

I basically go into it with wanting to keep my note less than $650 and use trade in and cash to get my note where I want it for 5 years.

For example if I buy a 80k truck and they give me 45k for mine I put that down plus 15 to 20k and finance the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For the new truck guys, there is no such thing as a good deal.

Funny to listen to some of this

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Don’t you know everyone single guy on tbh made got a steal on every truck and house purchase they’ve ever made

Comment

Cash--and I don't buy new and I don't buy a 3/4 ton with 4WD and Lift Kit to drive back and forth to work--

Comment

The question is, who would admit to buying a $75,000 truck and financing it over 84 months when they probably couldn’t afford it to begin with LOL

Comment

Pretty accurate. Buying anything that’s worth less than you paid for it, two hours after paying for it, is never a good deal. So then you have to consider the difference as a form of entertainment I guess. Some people are entertained by new vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Company pays for the ride, as mentioned above, it's a tool.

Comment

I have a number in my head I'm willing to spend, an interest rate I'm willing to pay, and a number of months I'm willing to pay it. Then I do some online shopping to know what my expectations should be in a vehicle. Then I generally do lots of haggling over weeks to get what I'm after. I never buy new, and drive for years. My current truck is 13 years old with 275k, hoping to get 500k out of it. I bought it 2 yrs old for 32k, had the window sticker in glovebox with a 52k tag on it. It's been pd off for 9 years.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        Don’t you know everyone single guy on tbh made got a steal on every truck and house purchase they’ve ever made
                        Except for Elk hunt boots!

Comment

I have thought that way all my life and have always bought used. Until my last truck, the prices of low mileage used trucks is insane. It was just a few thousand more to get a new one, and have to admit, I enjoyed getting a new one.

Comment

My payments are not bad and the only payment I have, no mortgage or anything except for utilities. i stayed under $50,000 for this new truck and it has the bells and whistles I wanted and more than I need.

Comment

It’s all in the equity of your current vehicle. If you start off small, pay it off, trade it in a few years later for a little upgrade, driver it for a few years, trade it in for an upgrade, eventually, you have enough equity to buy a 50-60k truck and not break the bank. My Tundra currently has about $33K in equity. I could go trade it in for a brand new one and walk out the door only owing about $15K. If someone on the road sees me in my new Tundra with new tags, the general consensus is “I wonder what kind of payment that guy has”. When really, it’s probably less than theirs lol.

Comment

I’ve put 300k on every truck I’ve ever owned so I squeeze all I can out of them. My wife keeps saying let’s get you a new truck it’s time ! I say “she’s still got some life left maybe next year!”

Comment

Working...
                                X