My Company Needs An Employee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Don't you buy and sell used pigtails? At least that is what I think I remember you telling me at a Bownanza?
    Yup. Getting harder every year. Manufacturers making them smaller and smaller. We used to use dental picks to take them apart. Now days we use tiny picks and a magnifing face shield.

It's all about weight.........

We build 5 or so a week of these.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 02-26-2021, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
      Where is the min wage $15 at right now?
      BTW, costco just announced they are increasing min wage to $16. So my joke was partly true.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        There is no job title. They will be learning a parts job that only 8 people in America kind of know how to do, while helping the wife and I with daily chores. The guy that moved on last month went from 17 an hour to 70K a year after 5 years.
        Very few folks can absorb and retain the complex job I do daily. It's tough.
        That it why there are so few of us..............

Gonna need a title. Pigtail Picking Apprentice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great opportunity for someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            Yup. Getting harder every year. Manufacturers making them smaller and smaller. We used to use dental picks to take them apart. Now days we use tiny picks and a magnifing face shield.

It's all about weight.........

We build 5 or so a week of these.....
            Nissan air flow meter

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
              Nissan air flow meter
              GM Sonic air flo meter
              Mainly Nissan side proximity sensor. Lose a quarter panel these break every time.........

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                Don’t take this the wrong way as I mean no disrespect. If the job is as complex as you say $17 is a little low for the caliber of person you’re looking for. Starting at $17/hr 5 years ago is the equivalent of roughly $20/hr with inflation.I realize you said the first 30 days, but it’s just something to keep in mind. Good luck sir!

He said starting pay for a yet in knowledgeable person, he also said the last guy quickly rose above the base pay.

Great opportunity for someone.

Comment

I find it odd only 8 people in America have the ability to retain this type of information.

So brain surgeons and rocket scientist need not apply right???

Comment

A cat 5 cable end is tuff enough for me. That's a tedious job, a good career for a guy starting out. Hope you find the right guy.

Comment

I did wire harnesses for 15 years in mexico...does the terminal mfg not offer an extraction tool??

Comment

This could be a great opportunity for someone. I know a lot of people in this business and they have all done well. This line of work has no limits on how high you can go.

Hope you find the right guy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          I did wire harnesses for 15 years in mexico...does the terminal mfg not offer an extraction tool??
                          Not that I know of. They don't deal with any company that wants less than a million pieces a year. {Ford - GM - Chrysler - etc}

I saw the other day Snap On has a new extraction kit.

Offered an x ford parts guy the job yesterday. We will see Monday.................

Comment

Good luck Johnny. My entire career was in wire harness manufacturing. It was very lucrative in the 80s 90s and early 2000s. Glad to see someone still making money doing state side.

Comment

[QUOTE=rtp;15496801]Good luck Johnny. My entire career was in wire harness manufacturing. It was very lucrative in the 80s 90s and early 2000s. Glad to see someone still making money doing state side.

Been at it since 9-11-01. Brought in a lady outside sales person and started getting supplies together for her and planes started hitting buildings. Her and my wife were balling. Sent her home for the day.

We are very close to sending out 400 a month to every state in country......

Comment

[quote=Johnny Dangerr;15496826]
                                Originally posted by rtp View Post
                                Good luck Johnny. My entire career was in wire harness manufacturing. It was very lucrative in the 80s 90s and early 2000s. Glad to see someone still making money doing state side.

Been at it since 9-11-01. Brought in a lady outside sales person and started getting supplies together for her and planes started hitting buildings. Her and my wife were balling. Sent her home for the day.

We are very close to sending out 400 a month to every state in country......
                                Interesting.....that was about the time I got out of it. I sold my company and cashed THE check 9-6-2001. I left for good 5-22-2002. We were building 100,000s wire and cable assemblies every month. I had a place in Mexico and had just started up in China. I couldnt stomach what was happening in my part of the industry.

Comment

Working...
                                X