X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insomnia sucks!!!!

Anyone else struggling with this?
    Nothing helps for long!
    RX , Non RX , alcohol, just a bandaid on a gaping gash!!
    If I get 4 hrs I felt like I did something.
    What works for y'all???

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Tapatalk

Funny I’m laying here on my phone and this notification pops up! I suffer from it too and struggle to find a cure. I take zzquil and melatonin and it works some days. Zanex is about all that’s helped me but I try not to fake it unless I’m really bad for several days. Mine seems to come and go and not every night thank goodness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
      Funny I’m laying here on my phone and this notification pops up! I suffer from it too and struggle to find a cure. I take zzquil and melatonin and it works some days. Zanex is about all that’s helped me but I try not to fake it unless I’m really bad for several days. Mine seems to come and go and not every night thank goodness

Zanex leaves me in a "fog" .
      Go to bed early up early stay up late up early. Lay back a lunch and I'm out lay down at night and it's like all the switches got turned on!!!

Comment

Man I don’t know. It **** sure sucks that’s for sure. It’s tied to a lot of other things, like stress, depression, diet and so on. Just need to talk to your doctor again and get some options and opinions.

Comment

Man I don’t know. It **** sure sucks that’s for sure. It’s tied to a lot of other things, like stress, depression, diet and so on. Just need to talk to your doctor again and get some options and opinions.

I'm starting to think outside the box.
          I think sometimes the old forgot ways are better for dealing with what we can't deal with what's available today.

Comment

Originally posted by Gutpileaddict View Post
            I'm starting to think outside the box.
            I think sometimes the old forgot ways are better for dealing with what we can't deal with what's available today.

What ate they? I’d love to hear them and try them.

Comment

What ate they? I’d love to hear them and try them.

Pm sent

Comment

Did for a few years. Changed diet- improved health- no sugar or red meat after 5p- exercise and meditation

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Did for a few years. Changed diet- improved health- no sugar or red meat after 5p- exercise and meditation
                  Been doing/trying to do Keto
                  For a couple yrs off and on I do sleep better buy still not like zonked out for 8hrs kinda sleep.

Comment

I still dont do 8 hrs. Keto may not be your answer. Try no red meat after x time. No processed flour or meats. Vegetarian evening meals. No dairy. Gotta find what is best for you.

Meditation and breathing. 30 minutes or more of heart exercise a day

I sleep about 6 hrs straight- then look at news and TBH - before my day started after about 2 hours of sleep.

Comment

I used to have a hard time getting sleep and when I don’t sleep I get in a mood. I really focused on it and my sleep has improved 100x from where it used to be.

Cut processed foods out of your diet
                      Exercise
                      Eat dinner early (5:30 - 6 for me)
                      Keep your phone in the other room, not next to your bed
                      No tv in bed when trying to sleep, read a book instead
                      Block out as much light as possible in your bedroom (no bright alarm clock etc)
                      Go to bed at the same time every night

Comment

Struggle with this on and off... diet and exercise seem to be the answer for me... Keto makes me feel better over all and makes exercising easier. Being exhausted from work or exercise does wonders for my sleep.

As mentioned above if you are on your phone or iPad ( or similar device ) at night you need to leave them in another room...

Comment

Exercise is a huge help for me but not too close to bed time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Couple night time Advil’s is what I take. Still probably wake Up at 3 or 4 am.

Comment

I'm asleep as soon as head hits the pillow, but only for about 4 hours. Then it's a struggle to shut off the brain. I do know the thoughts and perceptions we have in the middle of the night have a bizarre fondness towards worst case scenarios. I use my phone and 1 earbud to watch/listen to repeated episodes of Our Planet on Netflix. Gives my brain something to do. I seldom make it through an entire episode.

Comment

Working...
                              X