X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    Did I miss something?

I have went back and looked twice but didn't see where it said

Coke I could believe, but then the mustard comment makes me think I am overlooking something?????
    It's kind of a running joke with Mike. He puts mustard on everything. And I mean everything. Watched him put mustard on chocolate chip cookies and eating them.

Comment

The coca cola really does work. It's way cheaper than Metal Rescue. Get some brass polish and get to work. Casey used some kind of polishing tool on one of his lanterns.

Comment

I used Coke on this brass. Metal Rescue also works. Be careful with the Metal Rescue. It is STRONG. I had it eat thru a rusty font.

Comment

Nice blue flame breakfast at the lease this morning on my 1982 425F. I bought this stove new at Sears along with a 288 double mantle lantern. Both still burn great

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
            The coca cola really does work. It's way cheaper than Metal Rescue. Get some brass polish and get to work. Casey used some kind of polishing tool on one of his lanterns.
            I used my worksharp knife sharpener and a buffing wheel to make really blacked up burner parts shine!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              I used Coke on this brass. Metal Rescue also works. Be careful with the Metal Rescue. It is STRONG. I had it eat thru a rusty font.
              That stuff just removed the rust that was clogging up the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                That stuff just removed the rust that was clogging up the hole.
                I left the Metal Rescue in the font too long. It found a rusted weak spot and ate thru.[emoji26]

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  I used my worksharp knife sharpener and a buffing wheel to make really blacked up burner parts shine!
                  Do you still have a picture of your handy work?

Comment

I do. I'm knee deep in putting this '49 lantern back together...thanks to this thread and a rainy day.

Is thread dope required on these things? I can't remember.

I'll post a pic shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                      Nice blue flame breakfast at the lease this morning on my 1982 425F. I bought this stove new at Sears along with a 288 double mantle lantern. Both still burn great

For whatever reason, eggs and bacon from the top of a coleman stove just taste better to me

Mustard on cookies??????

YUCK

Comment

[ATTACH]754766[/ATTACH]

Comment

I do. I'm knee deep in putting this '49 lantern back together...thanks to this thread and a rainy day.

Is thread dope required on these things? I can't remember.

I'll post a pic shortly.
                          No thread dope required.

Comment

It's alive! 1949 model.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1446935495344.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	24413426

Comment

It's alive! 1949 model.
                              [ATTACH]754823[/ATTACH]

That looks great!!!!!

Comment

Outstanding Casey !!! You need to take that lantern to your lease in South Texas. That old gal deserves to burn in hunting camp again.

Comment

Working...
                                X