Clear All

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
    All I wear is blue denim lol.
    X2 unless it's too cold I have to wear a bib or something

Comment

Nice video, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        I honestly thought people knew all this. Just like when you wash your camo a few times, it looks blue to a deer because of the UV enhancers in detergent. Put your gear under a black light and it will look like those blue jeans in the video. Even that scent free crap they sell has it.

Its still a good watch and confirmation....no matter how much we think we all know..

Thanks for sharing OP..

Comment

This goes right along with what I've been telling people for years that red color lights work best for not spooking animals. I keep hearing people say green is the best but it's not true, as we can see in this video, deer can see green much butter then Red and I believe that is also true for pigs. Sure, your animals may not spook at green just like the deer on my place don't spook at white but that doesn't mean they can't see green or white better then Red. This is also why we don't sell blue colored lights or Amber colored lights. Blue is obvious why we don't sell it since it's the color deer see best and I also believe pigs see it quite well. The reason we don't sell amber is because it's lower in the spectrum(590nm) then Red(820-830nm) so what's the point since the lower you go in the spectrum the better the animals see it and Amber doesn't shine as far so what's the point.

What most people don't realize including the ones that did this video, is that all LEDs don't just put out the wavelength they are listed at. For example, if a red LED's wavelength is listed at 830nm that doesn't mean it doesn't put out light in lower wavelengths because it does. It will put out some light in white, blue and green so there is going to be at least some visible light to the animals. It's no different then most IR game camera's, if you ever looked at your IR game camera when it goes off at night, you have noticed that you can see the IR LED's glow red. This is because even though the dominant wavelength is above what we can see, there will always be lower wavelengths in the IR light that we can see and so can animals. Now if you have a game camera that you can't see that IR LED's glow, that is because they are using a filter to block you from seeing those lower wavelengths.

Basically what I'm saying is if you want to walk to your stand at night with a light that is the least visible to animals or want to hunt legal animals at night then best color you can use that we can see is Red.

Comment

Thanks for sharing that. I learned something!

Comment

Good stuff. Also make sense why deer don't move as much on windy days. All the movement would be amplified creating an over stimulation.

Comment

Great watch, thanks for posting

Comment

Working...
                X