No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Discussion 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I’ve seen, there isn’t really a place in Texas that absolutely “needs” it, especially after last week. As always, it’s feast or famine with the rainfall.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      We hadn't gotten anything on our place up until this week since a small shower back in early July... Rancher moved the cattle out to other parts of the ranch that has gotten some good rains... We're off Vaquillas Rd. South of Mirando City. Some parts of the ranch closer to Mirando City got good rain in July and August, but I guess we ain't payin' the preacher right or somethin'...

Haven't talked to the rancher this week but intend to... sure hope we got at least some rain... need a tank filler tho.
      Gotcha, I bet you guys picked up some. Most of Webb county has been slammed the last 4 or 5 days.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
        10 years... dang. But not long enough.

So I see all the convection north east if the low which to me slings it over Houston based on those model tracks. Would that be plausible? Even the space city weather guys didn’t have much to say about rainfall for the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yea, for the most part this will probably stay pretty sloppy, with most of the moisture displaced N & E of wherever the center comes ashore. Just my non-professional thoughts!

7 Day QPF chart is attached. They will update as these details start ironing out, but looks like some pretty healthy rain totals for South TX & The coastal areas. If it becomes clear that the areas N & E will have more rain, then you will start seeing the higher totals reflect that, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of confidence yet to what this does, per JL's update above.

Comment

Originally posted by ccbluewater View Post
          Yea, for the most part this will probably stay pretty sloppy, with most of the moisture displaced N & E of wherever the center comes ashore. Just my non-professional thoughts!

7 Day QPF chart is attached. They will update as these details start ironing out, but looks like some pretty healthy rain totals for South TX & The coastal areas. If it becomes clear that the areas N & E will have more rain, then you will start seeing the higher totals reflect that, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of confidence yet to what this does, per JL's update above.

Assuming this thing turns into a tropical storm, when are we looking at it making landfall?

I have a flight out of Houston to go elk hunting Friday afternoon and if it makes landfall around Houston I'm thinking about cancelling and just driving.

Comment

I tell you what, this years rain and storm activity has put the capias gotcha on nearly every out of town trip Ive had planned.

We're supposed to dove hunt north of del rio in two weeks. RIght now it looks like this 91L will be gone but wheres issac gonna be?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              I tell you what, this years rain and storm activity has put the capias gotcha on nearly every out of town trip Ive had planned.

We're supposed to dove hunt north of del rio in two weeks. RIght now it looks like this 91L will be gone but wheres issac gonna be?
              Not your year bubba:0

Comment

Pretty selfish thinking on your part......those cattle need grass to eat. How else you gonna be able to pay $ 12lbs for ribeyes. How else is them po ranchers gonna make the payments on those F250 King Ranches?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Not your year bubba:0

Dont tell Charlie

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  Pretty selfish thinking on your part......those cattle need grass to eat. How else you gonna be able to pay $ 12lbs for ribeyes. How else is them po ranchers gonna make the payments on those F250 King Ranches?
                  This dove hunt is around Pumpville. I dont think theres much grass out that way even with rain. And its someone elses lease and Im just taggin along and bringing my own steak

Comment

Dont tell Charlie

This dove hunt is around Pumpville. I dont think theres much grass out that way even with rain. And its someone elses lease and Im just taggin along and bringing my own steak
                    Oh believe me, I got my eye on you suck'a!

It's gonna all be blow'd outta here by then... gotta think pos-tiv! Otherwise you gonna be about 5 for 5... We gonna start callin' you "Bad Penny"!

Comment

Bringing my old shelter half to the A&M game this weekend I guess. Maybe my canoe as well

Comment

Dont tell Charlie

My deer lease is north of Pumpville and I was headed out there Friday to spend the weekend killing pigs and sheep. I may stay home and go the following weekend. It turns into a muddy mess out there pretty quick with any amount of rain.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Oh believe me, I got my eye on you suck'a!

It's gonna all be blow'd outta here by then... gotta think pos-tiv! Otherwise you gonna be about 5 for 5... We gonna start callin' you "Bad Penny"!
                          I have proof that I'm not bad luck! And tbh brethren as witness[emoji16]
                          Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                          My deer lease is north of Pumpville and I was headed out there Friday to spend the weekend killing pigs and sheep. I may stay home and go the following weekend. It turns into a muddy mess out there pretty quick with any amount of rain.
                          That's what I'm afraid of. We quail hunted over in langtry a few years ago and I saw huge atv ruts from just a sprinkle

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

If you could plan a goat hunt in West Texas this weekend that would great, thanks

Comment

Comment

Dang it..................

Comment

Working...
                                X