Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of the 2 story blind....Here we go....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't get down there until late so I didn't get a whole lot done today. A buddy gave me 4- 8" X 8" X 10' cedar posts so I am going to use them for floor joists for the second floor and leave them sticking out of the stone wall on each end. Someone is going to pick up my deerview windows for me next week so I'll be able to cut them in before long. I ran out of lumber and didn't have enough 2"X4"'s to finish framing the back wall.
    Attached Files

Comment

I can't wait to see this come along. So this one isn't going to be totally square huh? Diggin the over hang

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
        Oh ya! I'm in... And ready to help. Just say the word!
        Me too. Have lots of tools and ready to travel. I want to be in the front row to see one of these go together. I'm in post once a week already. You have my number.

Comment

Look forward to this every week look forward to seeing final product

Comment

Following, thing is going to be sweet....

Comment

Epic

Comment

Originally posted by Chuy View Post
                I can't wait to see this come along. So this one isn't going to be totally square huh? Diggin the over hang
                The offset 45 degree window in the Alamo works very well so I decided to make the front an octagon shape. I also have learned that the more deep set the windows are.....the better the chance you have of opening them without being detected. I planted a grape vine in front of the shack a couple of weeks ago in hopes that it starts to cover the front of the shack. I'll trim the grape vine up where I have a shooting hole but I think it will help a bunch.

I probably won't do too much hunting out of the bottom floor from this blind but I wanted windows down there so I have the option.

After getting the 3 walls framed it is a little bit bigger than what I thought it was going to be and I will have enough room for a cot and some good shelves down one side and still have plenty of room.

I'm starting to get excited!!

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                  Me too. Have lots of tools and ready to travel. I want to be in the front row to see one of these go together. I'm in post once a week already. You have my number.
                  You'll have to come down one day with Coach W and check it out. I might even put you guys to work.

Comment

If there was a Description for Macoops' builds in a single word...it would be... "LEGENDARY!"

This guy is awesome! keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                      You'll have to come down one day with Coach W and check it out. I might even put you guys to work.
                      Maybe you can take a break and shoot some coyotes with us as well.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                        Maybe you can take a break and shoot some coyotes with us as well.
                        Sounds like a deal. I was covered up with them during the season. I'm sure the guy across the road from me would like some whacked on his place too!

Comment

Originally posted by macoop View Post
                          Sounds like a deal. I was covered up with them during the season. I'm sure the guy across the road from me would like some whacked on his place too!
                          Great. Let's thin out as many fawn killers as possible before the does start to drop.

Comment

I got to work on the blind some today. I put the other two beams up and finished framing the back side and put up some more OSB on the outside. I will start framing the second level on Saturday. My Deerview windows shipped today and should be in by Saturday. Man they have great service. I ordered them yesterday and they should be here in a day or two. I ordered the camo windows so they should look pretty cool.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Coming along nicely, can't wait to see the final product!

Comment

Working...
                                X