57$ easy hog light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobby Lobby?

What Hobby Lobby did you find the Clear Lay at...or at least what section of the store? If you have never been to hobby lobby, it is a little overwhelming to the unfamiliar and the employees never seem to know where/what it is.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
      What Hobby Lobby did you find the Clear Lay at...or at least what section of the store? If you have never been to hobby lobby, it is a little overwhelming to the unfamiliar and the employees never seem to know where/what it is.

Thanks for the help.
      The one in Arlington on south cooper and I20
      In the drafting section but I just looked and they are out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kbeaz View Post
        Thanks Lloyd! I was asking about that light in another post
        I Thot so that's why I posted link. All about helpin a brother out! Love this site !

Comment

More info

I couldnt find the clear lay at Hobby Lobby. I picked up some tail light lens repair film at the auto supply. It cost me $1.71 with tax. The sheet looks like it is almost exactly twice a big at the lens for the light. That way you could do 2 layers if you wanted. They are self adhesive and I figure they could handle the heat from the LED's if the can handle the heat from and incandecents. I haven't tested, but will this weekend. Headed to the lease and going to put this out as a test on a feeder that has a lot of hogs on it.

Also, I found the light at Northern Tool on 45 and Rankin here in Houston on sale for $39. They had 10 or so in stock.

Comment

I put two layers in mine at first to get them sort of used to it then I took out a layer. Twice as bright as it was imagine that. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378423264.577716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	24240786 pretty bright I can still see my pins so it works for me

Comment

Dont use the tail light repair film

I put the tail light repair film on last night and it was too dark....looks like I will be searching for the clear lay again.

Thanks.

Comment

Ill try to find the clear lay film again and will send to you if you want

Comment

Originally posted by LloydMcCoy View Post
                  Ill try to find the clear lay film again and will send to you if you want
                  I appreciate it, but my buddy found some.

They also have the light at Harbor Freight for a little bit less.

On another note about this light...the solar panel on mine is actally a 12V panel. I assume there is a 6V step down voltage regualtor in it so that the internal batteries will get a full charge to 6V versus a 6v panel that may not hit 6 volts if it doesn't get enough sun.

I am going to wire a small 12V SLA battery to the solar panel with a diode that will feed the input to the light where the solar panel plugs in. When I tested it out, and connected the 12V battery, the light got brighter. Not sure if my internal 6V battery was fully charged though. It worked with adding the battery and didnt let the magic smoke out of the light.

Comment

Good to know. Thanks for posting

Comment

Post pics when ur done "hacking" the light

Comment

thanks for posting this lloyd i put one up on my feeder and it works great so far i have only stuck a couple corn thieves but i could see them clear as day.

Comment

$39.00 at northern (in store) bought 3 friday

Comment

Great idea...I am going to try it out! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Solar lights on sell at walmart..... $1.79

Comment

Working...
                              X