Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good stuff! Nice work!

Comment

Dang! Those craws make me wanna bass fish again!

I'ma like-n that Ghost shad. That would be a killer on the stripers and sandies.

And these too! Especially #2, 3, 4, and 5. Those would be great in the river I fish.
      (pic of Kevin's hand pours from above)

Comment

Thanks. I'm a lifelong salt water guy. I'm new to bass fishing, l just like to fish, any way I can.

Comment

Caught these off lures that a TBHer made. Caught another 2 reds that I didn’t get pics of.
          Attached Files

Comment

Any chance you have been able to replicate the Sea Devil yet? Your baits are looking great!

Comment

It's still on the to do list. I've made several molds with plaster of Paris and fiberglass but so far I'm not happy with the results. It's something that I'm still perfecting, there's several that are not made anymore that I'd like to reproduce.

Comment

You are doing a great job. The colors look good.

There are some big swim baits out on the market for bass fishing. The problem with the real big ones is that you don't want to fish all day with the rods it takes to use them. They are heavy chunks of plastic and require stout rods to fish 'em. Even the biggest swim baits are still small compared to some of the fish I've seen big trout eat. You could make a 15" swim bait and a trout could eat it.

Comment

Cap those are the questions that keep me up at night. I've made soft plastics to 7'' and caught trout on them but they're heavy and hit the water like a bomb. Shallow water trout don't like that, I've had more success in the surf with the big baits, they're not as spooked. The 6'' is more manageable for weight vs buoyancy. And yes, you don't want to throw it for long. All that said, wood is my next option. We'll see where that goes.

Comment

Awesome baits! I do a fair amount of flipping and that little craw looks deadly!!

Comment

These lures look great Kevin, very nice work. Design on them is really good, and your colors are outstanding. Great project.

Comment

Got out in the garage and made a few 4" Tennessee Shad.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Those look great Kevin!

Comment

Nice Kevin, gonna be some fish fooled with that design and color for sure.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Working on a 4" jointed wood shad. Still have a ways to go but it's coming along.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The other side.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X