No announcement yet.

Modern Farmhouse Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A clean job site is a happy job site. The best way to keep a clean job site is to have a clean job site when a new trade shows up. Nobody wants to be the guy blamed for making a mess when it’s obvious they did it.

We’re just about wrapped up with framing. The structural engineer and the third party inspector are both scheduled for Monday. Just a little blocking left to do along with the upstairs attic decking. HVAC should get started next week. Plumbing in 7-10 days, electrical after that with low voltage being the last thing to take care of before we insulate.

Hoping to start building steam and try to get insulated and hopefully started on Sheetrock by the end of March.

Comment

Looking great. That's the cleanest jobsite I've ever seen.

Comment

In and following. Love the concept.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
            Looking great. That's the cleanest jobsite I've ever seen.
            Appreciate it. Keeping a clean job site is one of those things that doesn't take any skill and is just a little bit of effort. However, it makes a whole world of difference in the appearance of the site, and in turn, the appearance of the quality of the builder. It's not a given that a messy job site is ran by a shoddy builder whatsoever, but odds are, if the trades your builder is using care enough to clean up after themselves you're probably in pretty good hands.

Plus it's a heck of a lot easier to review work and create a punch list for each trade when you don't have to look through all the junk.
            Last edited by Gclyde28; 03-02-2021, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Busy week this week! Finishing up interior frame punch work and should have trades starting to show up. Had plumbing fixtures delivered today. Recessed light housings should be showing up tomorrow. Plumber is supposed to be there either tomorrow afternoon or Thursday. HVAC contractor should be setting his buckets for location approval either tomorrow or Thursday as well and once we approve the bucket locations we'll turn him loose to starting running duct lines. I've got a site walk with electrician scheduled for Thursday as well but I'm going to need them to hold off for few days so everyone isn't stepping all over each other. Good problems to have!

Comment

Following. We are starting design and the wife is wanting to do a similar look.

Comment

Looks like it is going to be an incredible home. Congrats on the progress!

Comment

Not quite through MEP yet but things are moving along nicely.

Got the drip septic system in, water yard line is installed (waiting on my meter from the city still), roof is installed, minor punch for plumbing and hvac rough still needed, electrician should wrap things up this week, low voltage guys should be there next week and fingers crossed we can get the spray foam insulation crew out there in two weeks.

Stucco guys are showing up to set up scaffold tomorrow so they can get rolling. The outside is coming along a lot swifter than inside.

Now if I could just figure out who the son of a gun is that stole my white oak ceiling material I’d really be back on track.

Comment

Man this is looking awesome. I really like this! We are a little further along on our build and although it's stressful it's a blessing for sure. Congrats to you guys!

Comment

I like it !

Comment

Looks good. Are you tiling the exterior walls?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Coming along nicely! Following!

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                              Looks good. Are you tiling the exterior walls?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yup. My wife doesn’t really care for stone or brick. She really wanted board formed concrete for the non-stucco areas but that just wasn’t in the budget. So she settled on a dark grey concrete looking tile that we are going to install in a stacked bond pattern.

I installed some coroplast battens behind the durock to create a rain screen and facilitate draining should any water ever get back there. The tile will be horizontal, it’s just set there vertically for my wife to approve the stucco color.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X