No announcement yet.

Chap Gun Hunt - New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job to your group Winslow and good meeting you this evening.

Comment

Well......I guess that leaves like 10 or so people to fill their "Big Deer" tags....hope they can connect !!!

Comment

It’s been a pleasure following along

Comment

Can't wait til next year with 37 preference pts surely I'll get drawn. Thanks for all the up dates. Don't put in for chap there's no good deer there.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
            Can't wait til next year with 37 preference pts surely I'll get drawn. Thanks for all the up dates. Don't put in for chap there's no good deer there.
            Seriously though, pops, will HONESTLY be crossing my fingers for ya....such a great place...I dunno...just something DIFFERENT about it...like Indian burial ground-vibe, or something.....just is special. Felt REALLY disappointed I didn't draw for your hunt, but drew for the Management hunt. Still worked out really well for me. Good luck and great holidays to you.
            Last edited by gonzotexan; 12-17-2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

At last check, we were at 17 deer with a total of 28 hunters. One mgmt for sure and maybe two.

Sorry for delay but had to have a celebratory steak and a few cold ones at the Lasalle Co Steak House. Here is a pic of our final deer. 5.5 year old 8 pointer with a bladed G2. Will get the score in the morning.

We r probably going to sleep in tomorrow and run out to pick up stuff in our compartment. We left chairs and popups out there when we hustled to help our buddy find his deer. Not a single drop of blood and that deer did a “veer” to the left when he hit the brush. Probably only made it 40 yards but not where we thought he would be. Glad they have white bellies.

Good luck Bdubb and Jmoore tomorrow. All it takes is one. Thanks for riding along this week. Definitely a hunt I won’t forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heyyyy...still a nice one !!! Hoping someone that hasn't ever drilled a really nice one does so.....thanks for all your legwork in posting these, lots of us 'wannabes' just tagging along digitally.....Thanks again !!!

Comment

I did not realize that the rifle hunt was all week. Sure wish they would give the archery hunt that extra day.

Congrats, looks like a mature 8

Comment

if I did my math right, that is 50,653 loyalty points under the new methodology.

Comment

You guys had one heck of a weeks.congrats to all. Hope to get drawn next year.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                        I did not realize that the rifle hunt was all week. Sure wish they would give the archery hunt that extra day.

Congrats, looks like a mature 8
                        Right?? If anyone needs an extra day its archery! Lol.

WB, congrats again on a successful hunt, and for taking us along. That last buck looks like a super mature deer.

Comment

With your luck, you'll get drawn next year after all the good deer were shot out this year leaving nothing for you

Comment

Congrats to all the hunters!

Comment

Joe,

thanx for taking us along with your rifle hunt. It has been one of the better live hunts.

I have Sprint service & I am one of the ones that get real crappy service at Chap. May have to upgrade.

David

Comment

Final play of the game for me. Decisions decisions.

Run the ball with your best player against a good defense or try the Hail Mary you haven’t practiced.

Trail cam had several on it last night right as dark. At least 1 possible shooter. Or try the eastern senderos which I haven’t scouted or hunted yet but give good site distance. Can make a long shot, but the prevent the higher need to track I’d want to stay inside 300.

Comment

Working...
                                X