Grapevine 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pervis View Post
    Gona try to hit it again thurs afternoon if i get off work in time. Gona roll home grab my son and gear and roll. If my sons safety wasnt stuck on his xbow last week he could of easily took a doe or a 3 hogs. I passed on a spike. Saw more though. It was a great opener.
    Been a lot more movement out there lately than I expected

Comment

Originally posted by Dextera Frugis View Post
      Drew grapevine this year for the first time. Went out scouting before the season just to check it out. Went out twice this week to a couple of spots and one of the locations I was going to hunt someone left his stand but removed his sticks. It was too low to setup below and I have a climber so I couldn't just use his. What is the acceptable etiquette for that. I've been surprised how much equipment is left up out there. Aren't they afraid someone will just take it?
      Lots of stands get left up out there. I don't think the law messes with until season is over. They'll starting pulling stuff down and confiscating it once season is over but I don't think they do much during season. As far as etiquette, I'd say hunt the spot. If they aren't there, hunt the spot; it's public land. Putting and leaving a stand up doesn't claim stakes to anything. However, know that if someone else is hunting there, they may be blowing the spot out. So maybe you want to find another spot all together. May be hard finding many good trees with a climber.

Comment

Yep lots of stands out there I just move on and find another spot Im not taking a chance of the area being blown out already

Comment

Gona hit it in the am.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
            Gona hit it in the am.
            The weather is a little nicer this week. Good luck.
            I might be out there around 12 to check a new spot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

This year may be different but isn't there a 24 hour rule on stands? Last year I noticed twice someone came in and cleared stands out in the area I had to walk through to where I liked to set up. My opinion is I wont touch someone else stuff but I will share location with corp staff in an email. They enjoy those emails when you tell them where ppl have permanent stands and hanging feeders etc.

Comment

Remember to call if your shoot a deer and can’t find it. My dog and I can come help you retrieve it. I know the Vine pretty well and only live 2 miles from the Corp land. I do not charge finders fee. 97Two - eight 21-166zero

Comment

It’s been super quiet on here this year!!

Comment

Yep, very quiet.
                    The weather and time is right.
                    Guess I better go ahead and make my visit.

Comment

Il get out there this evening and tmrw am

Comment

Saw one black hog. No shot

Comment

Spent several days out there. Put in hard miles from I-35 (west boundary) all the way to 377, then everything north of Dentoncreek to east boundary. Covered 26mi of turf in 3 days walking/Ebike.

Not much for deer sign. A rare scrape/rub. Plenty of hogs. Could have emptied multiple quivers on hogs.

Tough place. Possibly some potential(yeah I know about the previous sh*t), but nothing impressive during my time there. Perhaps, the best is yet to come.

Grapevine is the noisiest place I've ever experienced. Highway noise, haul trucks, airplanes, race car track, construction noise. Its deafening at times. It also the filthiest place I've ever seen. The amount of trash that is pushed into the place from when the river floods is saddening and over whelming.

Came across alot of stands and cameras. Not to worry, I don't touch other hunters belongings because I am not a piece of ****. I left some of my own to soak.

Much respect to the successful hunters. In the past. That's different turf. I bet Insaw 200 people today using the mountain bike path. I most certainly suprised them all as I biked out the opposite way of the path with bow, pack, sticks and camo full blitz!

One guy said, " Bike Hunting?" I replied, " Deer hunting, or else I'd had my limit hours ago"(yuppieboy)

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                            Spent several days out there. Put in hard miles from I-35 (west boundary) all the way to 377, then everything north of Dentoncreek to east boundary. Covered 26mi of turf in 3 days walking/Ebike.

Not much for deer sign. A rare scrape/rub. Plenty of hogs. Could have emptied multiple quivers on hogs.

Tough place. Possibly some potential(yeah I know about the previous sh*t), but nothing impressive during my time there. Perhaps, the best is yet to come.

Grapevine is the noisiest place I've ever experienced. Highway noise, haul trucks, airplanes, race car track, construction noise. Its deafening at times. It also the filthiest place I've ever seen. The amount of trash that is pushed into the place from when the river floods is saddening and over whelming.

Came across alot of stands and cameras. Not to worry, I don't touch other hunters belongings because I am not a piece of ****. I left some of my own to soak.

Much respect to the successful hunters. In the past. That's different turf. I bet Insaw 200 people today using the mountain bike path. I most certainly suprised them all as I biked out the opposite way of the path with bow, pack, sticks and camo full blitz!

One guy said, " Bike Hunting?" I replied, " Deer hunting, or else I'd had my limit hours ago"(yuppieboy)

I thought the same thing when I first started hunting the vine. Then I stopped scouting and just hunted. WOW! I miss it, but am greatful I have my own land now. Good luck! Don't be afraid to share picks, lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post

The vine definitely makes you work for it. At least the miles with the Ebike weren't bad, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Smacker View Post
                                The vine definitely makes you work for it. At least the miles with the Ebike weren't bad, right?

Where it was applicable it worked excellent

Comment

Working...
                                X