Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Jon boat journey - Life and times, and mods, of a G3 river Jon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man you are like a mad scientist! Awesome work.

Comment

Have you figured how much more lift they will add? I about to be in the process of raising my transom and adding sponsons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hunterburch42 View Post
        Have you figured how much more lift they will add? I about to be in the process of raising my transom and adding sponsons.

Yes. They will add aproximintly 220 lbs of lift. It's about water displacement.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

That’s really nice work, glad you bumped the thread and I’m able to read it, awesome!

Comment

Thanks fellers. Stay tuned. More to come. It's a sloooow process.

Comment

Great Job and Info...THx for sharing TG

Comment

Welded and painted. Just gotta wire it all back up. Then off to the lake for a test run. Click image for larger version

Name:	20200209_121849.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	24608287

Comment

Really nice work!

Comment

Got a few more things done to the "Wild Thing". Built a lil cover box to cover two more bussbars for more power up front. And to cover an ethernet hub. Also added another Helix 10 to the front. Got the troller and both Helix networked into a US2 transducer, a Sideimaging transducer, and a high speed 2D transducer in the back. I also added some E-locks to the sonar heads to help keep people honest.

The fish are bite-n and there's hogs to be killed, gotta go!

Comment

Couple of pics.Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_182925.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	24612441Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_183051.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	24612442Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_183126.jpg
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	24612443Click image for larger version

Name:	20200321_183157.jpg
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	24612444

Comment

I got another Ram mount. But that lil deck area metal is to thin to mount. So I just popriveted the gambril into place for now. I plan to use the Ram for a second Helix 10 on the console where the other is. That will make the Side Imaging largdf with a left screen on one head. And a right screen on the othe.

Comment

Hope to go float her tomorrow. Going to give the pods some work. She ain't been out since last May before the pods went on.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Hope to go float her tomorrow. Going to give the pods some work. She ain't been out since last May before the pods went on.

Heck yea buddy!!! Where you headed?!?

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                              Heck yea buddy!!! Where you headed?!?

Not sure yet. But hoping to head somewhere where it's not flooding.

I'll check the water levels in the morning on area lakes.

Comment

Hope you got fresh fuel! Glad the boat is making progress. Got my helix 10 out today for the first time and very happy. Report back! Hope the rain stops for a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X