No announcement yet.

Ranch Cabin Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent Memorial weekend getting working on the cabin. Andy and his son joined my Son and I on Saturday morning. We started out getting the rest of the cabin's exterior plywood installed on the front and East side of the Cabin. (Pic 1 & 2) We then Tyvecked those walls and installed the windows.

On Sunday we weather proofed the windows and and began getting all of the trim done around the Windows and capped the R-panel to prepare for installing the cedar siding. Sunday Afternoon my wife came down for lunch with her Mother and father as they haven't seen the place yet. My son and Andy's son decided to go home that afternoon with my wife, because the weather radar looked like a major thunderstorm would hit in the late afternoon. As it turned out the storm dissipated before reaching us. It did cool things done quite a bit and gave us a spectacular sunset, followed by clear star filled skies for the evening. (Pic 3)

Monday Andy I installed as much siding as we could get on. From 7:30 AM until 2:45 we worked nonstop. I think it turned out great. There will be 3 more windows cut in above the porch roof-line but those are filled in right now. (pics 4-9)
    Attached Files

Comment

My goodness that looks amazing!

Comment

things are looking very good !

Comment

highly impressed. Your build is coming along and looks amazing!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Wow!!!

Comment

Still checking in every time I see an update. Great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Once it's all done, your gonna have all sorts of friends wanting to go out.
                  (none of which, offered a hand to help)

You'r killing it smalls!! looks great.

Comment

Finishing strong sir!

Rwc

Comment

Looks great! Been following along and things are really starting to come together.

Comment

What an Awesome build!!

Comment

I just caught up on this thread. Awesome! awesome! I like how you’ve taken your time building and built it right! Congrats on the hard work, you sir deserve every bit of it.

Comment

Sure is looking nice!!

Comment

Quick update: we have not been back out since my last post. My son's college football camps, a family vacation, and an annual summer party I put on yearly have kept me away from the ranch. The party was last weekend and My sons final camps are this Thursday and Friday. So Friday evening I will be heading back out to work on the cabin. The plan is to finish the exterior siding and put on the roof on the front porch.

On a separate note the additional land I was hoping to purchase is finally ready to be sold. The county has approved the final plat of the property. The tract that I plan to purchase in addition to what I already own will get me right at 110 acres. We are finalizing the cost and financing now but it looks very promising.

I will send out an update next week.

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
                                On a separate note the additional land I was hoping to purchase is finally ready to be sold. The county has approved the final plat of the property. The tract that I plan to purchase in addition to what I already own will get me right at 110 acres. We are finalizing the cost and financing now but it looks very promising.

I will send out an update next week.

We need a like button for posts... congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X