No announcement yet.

Ranch Cabin Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are building one heck of a cabin. Very nice work. Agree with the use of J-channel at windows for the R-Panel.

Stupid question but is there a reason for the deck in the back to be a little higher elevation than the sides? Looks like it could be a trip hazard in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
      You are building one heck of a cabin. Very nice work. Agree with the use of J-channel at windows for the R-Panel.

Stupid question but is there a reason for the deck in the back to be a little higher elevation than the sides? Looks like it could be a trip hazard in the dark.
      there is no reason for this other than poor planing. My original plan only had the 1 deck on the front side of the cabin (its the front of the cabin but the back if you look at it from where you park) the side decks we added after the fact and it was easier to add them lower so we would not have issues getting the plywood and siding done. I do plan to place a angled transition piece across to make it more gradual, but it will still be a tripping hazard. After I stain the deck I plan to place bright red or yellow anti slip tape at the transitions to make it more noticeable (like the picture below).
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
        there is no reason for this other than poor planing. My original plan only had the 1 deck on the front side of the cabin (its the front of the cabin but the back if you look at it from where you park) the side decks we added after the fact and it was easier to add them lower so we would not have issues getting the plywood and siding done. I do plan to place a angled transition piece across to make it more gradual, but it will still be a tripping hazard. After I stain the deck I plan to place bright red or yellow anti slip tape at the transitions to make it more noticeable (like the picture below).
        At a later date, couldn't you just pop up the boards and weld some 2" box on top of your existing metal frame to bridge the height gap?

Incredible build! As I've mentioned before.

Comment

I am in love with this project!

Comment

Haven’t spent much time in that part of the state but love that landscape and looks like you got a great spot there. Looks like things are coming along! And I didn’t read every single post but hope your friend is doing OK.

Comment

Very cool build

Comment

looking good

Comment

Originally posted by TXCountryboy View Post
                  Haven’t spent much time in that part of the state but love that landscape and looks like you got a great spot there. Looks like things are coming along! And I didn’t read every single post but hope your friend is doing OK.
                  thanks for asking! Yes he is doing MUCH better. It turned out to be RA. it took almost 6 months to get find the right drug for him. 1 month ago he started a new drug that seems to be doing the trick. He has not had a flare up since starting on the drug (not sure what it is) We actually is back working now which was impossible. He will be with me memorial day weekend. We are gonna get the exterior complete that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                    At a later date, couldn't you just pop up the boards and weld some 2" box on top of your existing metal frame to bridge the height gap?

Incredible build! As I've mentioned before.
                    Yes great idea; that could be a future project for sure.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your journey. You are builing an awesome cabin with incredible views around it. Keep the updates coming.

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
                        Makes sense. I was going to suggest a tapered piece of lumber to create a ramp. Sounds like you already got it figured out. Keep up the good work. Appreciate your thread.

Comment

Man I've enjoyed this thread. Keep the pictures coming. If you need help maybe you could have a Green Screen work and play weekend out there lol.

Comment

Hey sir what's the name of the subdivision that you are purchasing the additional acreage from?

Comment

Niiiiiiiice

Comment

Originally posted by CoachS View Post
                                Hey sir what's the name of the subdivision that you are purchasing the additional acreage from?
                                It does not even have a name yet. I believe the plan is to call it Buffalo Draw Phase II but not sure at this point. They are just now getting the roads done.

The developer is Ranch Enterprises. You can call them to find out more about it if your interested.

Browse through the list of ranches for sale from Ranch Enterprises LTD. We specialize in affordable ranch land sales in the Texas Hill Country, South Texas, West Texas, & New Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                                X