Second Phizer shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Another story of a vaccine that makes you sicker than the virus.
    Translated = what kinda flowers do you folk want at your funeral?

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
      I typed alot then erased it.

Cdc is really flip flopping on what I can and can't do after getting jabbed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
      Fair enough, but this is the general concept of how vaccines work with our immune system (not just the Covid vaccines).

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
        I typed alot then erased it.

Cdc is really flip flopping on what I can and can't do after getting jabbed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
        Does ANYONE really still trust the CDC in this day and time! They have been all over the place and back again! I will tell you something positive about them though : they make Excellent mask and Vaccine salespeople! Wake UP!

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
          I may have missed it, but it doesn't look like your question was addressed. To paraphrase, the 1st shot introduces a piece of the virus to our body (can't get the virus from it and it does not alter our DNA). Our immune system recognizes it as a foreign invader and builds antibodies against it and remembers it for future reference in case it encounters it again. On the 2nd shot, our body is now familiar with this particular enemy and attacks it full send. That 2nd defense is often more robust than the 1st, therefore making the person feel more side effects. The actual virus isn't even injected, so what a person feels is there immune system going to war with a perceived 2nd invasion.

If someone doesn't have a reaction, it does not mean that their immune system doesn't work or that the vaccine didn't work.

People who have had Covid are often reporting that their 1st shot (and not the 2nd) is the one that hammers them. And this would make sense, because their body has already encountered the virus previously. On their 2nd shot, the antibodies are still probably at high levels and easily handle the new wave of attack.

Over time, the active antibodies to this virus/vaccine can/will fade and our immune system's memory of it may fade, as well. That's why a booster may be needed down the road. It 'boosts' our immune system to stay battle-ready.

Great explanation. Thanks for taking the time to type that out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bear82 View Post
            My dad talked to a doctor that said if you feel bad, that means the vaccine is actually doing what its supposed to do. So I guess that means if you don't feel bad, the vaccine isn't working for you.
            OR you previously contracted the virus and either didn’t know it or thought it was something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
              Great explanation. Thanks for taking the time to type that out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              You're welcome.

Also, the Covid vaccines (as well as many others we've created for other diseases throughout human history) are not 100% absolutely effective in preventing disease. What they are designed to do is to prepare our immune system to fight a given pathogen if encountered so that it may not be able to infect us before our immune system shuts it down, or make us as sick as it otherwise would.

BTW, all of this explanation is not an endorsement for/against the vaccines. Purely FYI.

Comment

Why are they calling this a vaccine?

A vaccine is a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several disease.

This is a shot, like a flu shot and nothing more.

Comment

my 1st Pfizer shot i was ok!

The second one 10 days latter, I started having really bad dizzy spells when i would lay down in bed and roll over, When I stood up I felt like i was going to pass out and fall down. Was very lethargic at work for the entire week just now starting to feel normal again.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                    Why are they calling this a vaccine?

A vaccine is a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several disease.

This is a shot, like a flu shot and nothing more.
                    Again, fair enough. That definition of 'vaccine' does say it provides immunity with no clarification whether or not it means 100% effective. Not all vaccines are 100% effective, but they are still called vaccines because they are designed to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity (albeit not the 100%). However, for what it's worth, the 'flu shot' is also the 'flu vaccine'.

This page has a lot of good info about vaccines, including point 2 that details why not all vaccines are 100% effective.

Comment

My wife and i received our second shot May 1st, neither of us experienced any negative side effects. I may have had a minor reaction after the first one but I'm not sure. I had a minor headache that night, and an upset stomach, but i was fine the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                        Thank goodness there's another thread for people to let us know that they've chosen not to take the shot. Neither shot bothered me, but I had the moderna (which seems to be a little harder on people).
                        Pretty sure this thread is about a guy taking the second shot and having adverse reactions from it. Did I misunderstand the thread title and OP?

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
                          Again, fair enough. That definition of 'vaccine' does say it provides immunity with no clarification whether or not it means 100% effective. Not all vaccines are 100% effective, but they are still called vaccines because they are designed to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity (albeit not the 100%). However, for what it's worth, the 'flu shot' is also the 'flu vaccine'.

This page has a lot of good info about vaccines, including point 2 that details why not all vaccines are 100% effective.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/co...ut-vaccination
                          Great information on the site you shared. Thanks for passing it along.

Comment

Felt nothing on my second shot

Comment

Working...
                            X