Insurance claim/Hail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kdkulhanek View Post
    I believe you will have to check your coverage through Germania, I have State farm and with my comprehensive coverage I can take my vehicle to any shop of my choosing.
    Taking it, to any shop is not the question........
    The question is......Will S.F. approve your claim......
    (you know... give you back, some of your money)

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
    Texas law. Can not make you go any anywhere. The ins. Companies try to skirt the law all the time.................
    Yea, and that's a short skirt too...........
    I ain't saying, ins companies break the law...............
    But, they ain't in business, to lose money either.................

Comment

In this instance, no one told the OP where he had to take the vehicle.
      And Germania would not tell a customer where to take a vehicle or who to use for any claim

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        An insurance contract is there to return your property to pre-loss condition. By law you’re not supposed to be able to profit from a claim so they’re probably just wanting to make sure you’re using the money for the repairs.

can you point me to this "law" ?

Seems like it would be written down somewhere, right?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          In this instance, no one told the OP where he had to take the vehicle.
          And Germania would not tell a customer where to take a vehicle or who to use for any claim
          You are correct . They did not tell me where to take it, only recommended their preferred shops. Said I could use who I wanted also. Told me they would send the check made out to me and shop I was using. I asked for it to be made out only to me since it had been paid off since 2006 and did not know what shop I would be using for repair since I haven`t gotten estimates. Then they wanted a copy of clear title, so they could send the check to me directly. After giving them the information they asked for they replied "Thank you, I have it uploaded to the claim and have requested payment to be issued to you and the shop". So , now I am just waiting to see if they send the check or not since I made it clear to them(HER) that I had no idea what body shop I would use.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
            You are correct . They did not tell me where to take it, only recommended their preferred shops. Said I could use who I wanted also. Told me they would send the check made out to me and shop I was using. I asked for it to be made out only to me since it had been paid off since 2006 and did not know what shop I would be using for repair since I haven`t gotten estimates. Then they wanted a copy of clear title, so they could send the check to me directly. After giving them the information they asked for they replied "Thank you, I have it uploaded to the claim and have requested payment to be issued to you and the shop". So , now I am just waiting to see if they send the check or not since I made it clear to them(HER) that I had no idea what body shop I would use.
            Is your agent working with you or are you talking directlY to claims department?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Is your agent working with you or are you talking directlY to claims department?
              I am talking to a claims adjuster. I was emailed late Friday(6:00PM) about my title and I sent it Saturday a.m. We emailed back and forth until until I finally asked if they were going to send my check or not and I asked for a copy of the estimate report, which I got no response to. I plan on waiting a few days to see what comes in the mail and then I may get my agent involved. Hopefully I will get a check issued to me and I can my truck repaired.

Comment

I am talking to a claims adjuster. I was emailed late Friday(6:00PM) about my title and I sent it Saturday a.m. We emailed back and forth until until I finally asked if they were going to send my check or not and I asked for a copy of the estimate report, which I got no response to. I plan on waiting a few days to see what comes in the mail and then I may get my agent involved. Hopefully I will get a check issued to me and I can my truck repaired.
                Last month I changed agents to a bigger agency one mile down the freeway so I can easily walk in and twist my agents ear when needed............

Comment

You should be on the phone or in the office of your agent tomorrow. That’s what you pay them for. Our local agent goes to bat for his clients regularly. Most Germania agents I’ve met are very good resource and advocate for you when dealing with the home office

Comment

If there is no lien holder, you should be able to get the check made out to just you. I am surprised they did not do that right off.

Just send them the check back and request one, with only your name.
                    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-03-2021, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                      Make them take off the name of the repair shop....its your truck, not theirs. You could take that money and go to Disney if you wanted, it’s none of their business.
                      x2

Comment

I am pretty sure I pi$$ed off the female claims adjuster Saturday, when I asked if she was going to mail the check or not , because she had not made it clear in her response to my email to her and I also wanted a copy of the repairs that were in the estimate . She did not reply to me after asking her that.

I am just waiting to see what shows up in the mail this week before doing anything else. I logged into my Germania account today and it shows the claim for my truck hail repair as "Closed" and Claim Losses Paid as of 5-1-21. I am betting that it will be made out to me only since I have emails stating that I didn`t know who I was going to use. If not, I`ll have to take it to another level.

Comment

I am pretty sure I pi$$ed off the female claims adjuster Saturday, when I asked if she was going to mail the check or not , because she had not made it clear in her response to my email to her and I also wanted a copy of the repairs that were in the estimate . She did not reply to me after asking her that.

I am just waiting to see what shows up in the mail this week before doing anything else. I logged into my Germania account today and it shows the claim for my truck hail repair as "Closed" and Claim Losses Paid as of 5-1-21. I am betting that it will be made out to me only since I have emails stating that I didn`t know who I was going to use. If not, I`ll have to take it to another level.
                          You were too nice in the first place. Demand it now and not on their time.

It is business, not here to make friends. They need to do whats right

Comment

So what happens when you do go get it fixed and shop says it’ll be 1500 or 2000 more than the check you demanded? Your case is closed if they are paying you direct, isn’t it? If they go thru the shop, the case is still pending until the shop completes the repairs and anything not originally on the estimate once identified gets added on. I’m afraid if you demand payment you may loose this benefit, not sure.

Comment

I have had that happen two times with hail over the years where the insurance company cut the check to me and the repair facility. My vehicles were paid for and the second time around I pressed them pretty hard about just cutting the check to me.

Their response was they wanted to make sure the vehicle actually got fixed and that the insured did not just pocket the money to use on something else.

Comment

After I file my claim, what happens?
                                Texas law sets deadlines for insurance companies to act after you file a claim. A company must:

Tell you it got your claim within 15 days of getting notice. The company may ask you for a signed proof-of-loss form or for more information. The company may also ask you to have a medical exam.

Have an adjuster look at your damage. The adjuster will estimate the cost of repairs. The company will base its payment on the adjuster’s estimate. If the damage turns out to be worse than the adjuster originally thought, you or the repair shop can talk to the adjuster about raising the estimate. If you can drive your car, the company might ask you to take your car to one of its claim centers so an adjuster can look at it. Some companies might ask you to get your own estimates and provide them to the company.

Accept or reject your claim within 15 business days of getting all the information it needs from you. A company that needs more time can take 45 days to decide whether to pay your claim. It must tell you the reason for the delay. If it denies your claim, it must tell you why in writing.

Send you a check within five business days after it agrees to pay your claim.

The prompt payment law doesn’t apply if another driver’s insurance company is paying the claim. But the company must act in good faith and try to settle your claim quickly and fairly.

Comment

Working...
                                X