Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
      Well, he only has 3 total posts lol

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Well, let’s make it 4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I put 10 different cast aluminum upper/lower receivers in a bag and shook them up I'd bet dollars to donuts there isn't a soul on this planet that could pick out the Anderson parts without seeing the pony on the side.

For self defense or serious competition I'd save a bit and buy a high quality rifle built by a reputable manufacturer. For literally every other use I have no problem riding the poverty pony and picking up the Anderson parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
          If I put 10 different cast aluminum upper/lower receivers in a bag and shook them up I'd bet dollars to donuts there isn't a soul on this planet that could pick out the Anderson parts without seeing the pony on the side.

For self defense or serious competition I'd save a bit and buy a high quality rifle built by a reputable manufacturer. For literally every other use I have no problem riding the poverty pony and picking up the Anderson parts.
          While I think Anderson is fine for just a plinking AR, there’s a very large fit and finish difference in some brands.

My Mega upper/lower set and my Sons of Liberty and Seekins sets have very very tight fitment and great QC is the reason.

I do have Aero M4E1 and M5E1 sets built into rifles as well and they are not quite on the higher end as far as tight fit together but the rest is very well done. Anderson is great for a build on a budget. But you can certainly tell a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            While I think Anderson is fine for just a plinking AR, there’s a very large fit and finish difference in some brands.

My Mega upper/lower set and my Sons of Liberty and Seekins sets have very very tight fitment and great QC is the reason.

I do have Aero M4E1 and M5E1 sets built into rifles as well and they are not quite on the higher end as far as tight fit together but the rest is very well done. Anderson is great for a build on a budget. But you can certainly tell a difference.
            Are your tighter fitting receiver sets billet or cast? My JP rifles have zero slop in the receivers but they are all billet. I don't think its a fair comparison between billet and cast receivers. I agree that smaller manufacturers have better QC but Anderson is made in the US and fits the bill for the average person and and allows guys like me to build an odd caliber rifle or a throw around ranch gun without caring much about tearing it up. But like my last post said, If I only had one rifle, it wouldn't be a budget build.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
              Are your tighter fitting receiver sets billet or cast? My JP rifles have zero slop in the receivers but they are all billet. I don't think its a fair comparison between billet and cast receivers. I agree that smaller manufacturers have better QC but Anderson is made in the US and fits the bill for the average person and and allows guys like me to build an odd caliber rifle or a throw around ranch gun without caring much about tearing it up. But like my last post said, If I only had one rifle, it wouldn't be a budget build.
              Both. Pretty even mix of both too.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Totally agree with trophy 8 I have 4or5 sons of liberty builds and they are tanks. Throw around anywhere and still snug and still flawless running. I have 2 mega stripped lower and uppers that feel close to the same quality and I plan to build them sooner or later. Another company I would recommend is BCM though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X