2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Nicely done Matt! I'm a bit jelly except for the hook hanging out yo finger!
    Hahaha thanks Bubba!

Originally posted by Flex View Post
    Serious question. Does throwing croakers really make it that easy? I have never fished with them, honestly don't think i have even fished live shrimp in ten years. Don't even have a livewell.

I also apparently am not good at fishing anymore. FWIW.
    Kind of like said above, not really, you will tend to catch bigger trout on them though since a trout’s diet changes when they get older and a lot of the bigger trout prefer them. I’ve had quite a few trips where I’ve limited, then caught and released while wading next to a buddy who has struggled to catch a couple fish with them.

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
    Congrats on a great trip!
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    I've done that a time or 10. Nice job on the fish. Was that a corkey in that one picture

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Yep! It was one of the new limited edition ones. Let me know if you want me to sell you some. I’ll give you a green screen special [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      I have been on trips and dumped stacks of fish onto the table caught on croaker where other guys had little success. I have also stood right next to a guy catching fish after fish while I zeroed with both of us fishing croaker.

In my experience, there are days where fish will absolutely smoke a croaker and there are days where you have to pay attention to the bite
      Kind of on the same scenario. There has been days i was throwing lures and caught 3-1 right next to friends that were using croaker.

One time it was even crazier, they were using croaker and slaying them and then they stopped biting croaker and i was catching on almost every cast with lures. So it definitely just depends on what the fish want at that specific time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post

Yep, right there with you. It’s about that time

Comment

Comment

[emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              I've done that a time or 10. Nice job on the fish. Was that a corkey in that one picture

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
              LOL @ corkey

Comment

Yep! It was one of the new limited edition ones. Let me know if you want me to sell you some. I’ll give you a green screen special [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Those trokar's on a corkey is some cutting edge stuff

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                  [emoji38]

Running late today!!

Comment

lmao yeah wth it's after noon!

Comment

Not running late, but making some of y’all sweat. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Score

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                          Serious question. Does throwing croakers really make it that easy? I have never fished with them, honestly don't think i have even fished live shrimp in ten years. Don't even have a livewell.

I also apparently am not good at fishing anymore. FWIW.
                          Simple answer is no but can be very effective at times in the right hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                            I think the biggest reason folks aren't catching many fish is they just aren't fishing. It's been a ghost town most days, which selfishly I like. Saturday was pretty busy but other than that it's been really quiet down here.
                            I noticed that as well. I've been going to POC on the last weekend of April for several years now and it's usually crowded. Not this year, very few people on the water, even on Saturday morning when the weather was good. Bunches of people at the crawfish festival though, that place was packed!

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                              I noticed that as well. I've been going to POC on the last weekend of April for several years now and it's usually crowded. Not this year, very few people on the water, even on Saturday morning when the weather was good. Bunches of people at the crawfish festival though, that place was packed!

We cooked at the Festival. It was a great turnout.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                We cooked at the Festival. It was a great turnout.

Well dang. Would have been cool if I ran into you out there. First year I've ever made it to the CF fest. We had a good time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X