2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
    Found a few this morning with captain Jake in Galveston. Also... trokars are sharp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've done that a time or 10. Nice job on the fish. Was that a corkey in that one picture

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      I've done that a time or 10. Nice job on the fish. Was that a corkey in that one picture

Are we rigging chatter weights to corkys now???

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Are we rigging chatter weights to corkys now???

Me thinks snowflake casted a croaker of his own on that post and you took the bait

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Me thinks snowflake casted a croaker of his own on that post and you took the bait

I honestly didn’t know it was croaker season yet.

I knew what he was doing.

Comment

Just asking [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Serious question. Does throwing croakers really make it that easy? I have never fished with them, honestly don't think i have even fished live shrimp in ten years. Don't even have a livewell.

I also apparently am not good at fishing anymore. FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                Serious question. Does throwing croakers really make it that easy? I have never fished with them, honestly don't think i have even fished live shrimp in ten years. Don't even have a livewell.

Yes, sort of. You still have to find fish.

Comment

Does for some but I have never had them turn on a magic bite, heck I usually do better with artificial when I have had both available.

Comment

They way they are talked about you would think they are a dinner bell. But Ive completely bombed on croakers many times. Liked mentioned above if there are no trout and red in the area you just soaking a fish. At least with live shrimp I can keep the guest entertained with croakers, sheep, black drum etc...

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Does for some but I have never had them turn on a magic bite, heck I usually do better with artificial when I have had both available.

Same for me. Ive stood by three other fellas throwing croakers all the while I was throwing trout killers and went almost fish for fish with them. Theres a trick to catching fish with croakers I dont know. Almost every time I use them I miss more then I hook. So I prefer artificial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No its not. Do they work hell yea they do but its definitely not like some of the guys try to make them out to be. I've had days where I wore them out and days where you have to work for em. I've stood side by side with my dad and little brother where I wore them out and they barely caught a thing. Not something you can just sit there and every fish that swims by is going to jump on. I love fishing em and love throwing lures as well. They both have their time and place.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                          Same for me. Ive stood by three other fellas throwing croakers all the while I was throwing trout killers and went almost fish for fish with them. Theres a trick to catching fish with croakers I dont know. Almost every time I use them I miss more then I hook. So I prefer artificial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There is definitely a technique for croaker that you need to know. It’s like any other fishing, takes time to learn that but once you do it’s quite effective. It’s not a dinner bell but you do catch fish.

Comment

I have been on trips and dumped stacks of fish onto the table caught on croaker where other guys had little success. I have also stood right next to a guy catching fish after fish while I zeroed with both of us fishing croaker.

In my experience, there are days where fish will absolutely smoke a croaker and there are days where you have to pay attention to the bite

Comment

Interesting info. Thanks for the input. Probably just keep chucking my DSL and spoons then when I get to make trips.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X