2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
    What bay complex did this guide work when he had the fatal accident. I haven’t heard anything on this incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was out of the Bastrop Bayou area, and supposedly happened somewhere around Mud Cut & Bird Island. These are my home waters, and I’m all too familiar with the area. There are a couple of sketchy turns in that area, but that JH should’ve had no problem, unless they ran up on a sand bar. Horrible deal. Will definitely make me do a better job of wearing my lanyard. Prayers for the families affected.

Comment

2 of Mayhem’s last 3 have been on point!

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
        He was out of the Bastrop Bayou area, and supposedly happened somewhere around Mud Cut & Bird Island. These are my home waters, and I’m all too familiar with the area. There are a couple of sketchy turns in that area, but that JH should’ve had no problem, unless they ran up on a sand bar. Horrible deal. Will definitely make me do a better job of wearing my lanyard. Prayers for the families affected.

That sounds correct. I was told that it was close to San Luis Pass and that he hit a sand bar and was thrown from his boat. Some friends were following him and saw it happen.

Comment

So now I scan down really really fast at work and look for green gaps in between the skin to keep up with the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            So now I scan down really really fast at work and look for green gaps in between the skin to keep up with the thread.
            lmao I feel your pain, have to be careful who's around when clicking on this thread. It has it's benefits and drawbacks for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              lmao I feel your pain, have to be careful who's around when clicking on this thread. It has it's benefits and drawbacks for sure.
              If fishing was any good you’d be getting some reports. Lol. I don’t mind the pics. The combination of the freeze and the crappy spring weather has this thread severely lacking fishing material.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                You should be working anyways

Comment

This time of year I'm bass fishing. My small boats don't like this wind. The tides rising so it won't be long.

Comment

The fishing has been pretty good on good weather days, it's just that this time of year the wind kills us some of the time.

Saturday I had three buddies who went and drifted EMB and did real well with every boat scoring one or more 5#+ trout, some had multiple fish over 5. And they had solid numbers of keepers too. All were released. They were right where they ought to be in the spawning season on a full moon. They caught good numbers for any day, even pre freeze. I'm not saying it's as good as ever, not at all, but I am saying there are more trout in there than most people think. They aren't scattered everywhere and you have to really know where to look but there are fish there. I had a group that couldn't drift fish and we needed to anchor up and fish and we did ok, lots of undersized fish and a few keepers. We caught several trout while fishing for redfish up shallow. Other friends of mine fished scattered shell in WMB and scored good catches of mixed reds and drum with a few trout mixed in. Another buddy waded the grass beds in WMB and reported good numbers of reds and very limited numbers of trout but what trout they caught were very solid.

The wind came up Saturday afternoon and wrecked the bays and that was that. And that is how it goes in the spring. We had one little bite after lunch Sunday and caught a few trout but other than that it was a typical high pressure, high wind day. And we always have plenty of those in the spring.

The other good news is that we are seeing alot of grass come back on the shorelines and in some places we have not had grass in awhile. In both bays. It will sure help the wadefishing.

Also, we are seeing tons of small bait everywhere. I saw birds picking up worms all over the place in EMB and the ICW. Lots and lots of teeny tiny shad and glass minnows in both bays and in the river and ICW.

I think the biggest reason folks aren't catching many fish is they just aren't fishing. It's been a ghost town most days, which selfishly I like. Saturday was pretty busy but other than that it's been really quiet down here.

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Amen on some grass coming back in EMB. Work has kept me from fishing and 25 mph winds when I do get a chance. Lol. My times coming.

Comment

Comment

You can tell by the way she holds a rod she is a pro.

Comment

Mmm Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

I chortled

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

Mad skilzzz

Comment

Working...
                                X