Ruger no 1 308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger no 1 308

Got your attention. Are the no 1s just getting harder to find or is that just my opinion? I’ve been told watching for one for one for awhile now. I’m wanting a mint condition, don’t care for scope , no 1 in 308.

**** sure got my attention 😂

Comment

Pretty to look at, not super accurate.

Comment

Good luck!

Think dad has 6 now and they all shoot well. 223- 45/70 all red pads

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ruger still makes #1’s but only in limited production runs and only a few calibers

Comment

Got me

Comment

I bought a red pad 243 off tbh a few years ago. My favorite gun now.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                Depends. I have a 25-06 heavy barrel that is a legitimate 1” gun at 100 yd. I have to load for it though, no factory load has ever been that good.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteweldingco View Post
                  Got your attention. Are the no 1s just getting harder to find or is that just my opinion? I’ve been told watching for one for one for awhile now. I’m wanting a mint condition, don’t care for scope , no 1 in 308.
                  I was looking for a Browning BAR in 243 for my kiddos and it was hard to find. I found a new No. 1V in 243 and snagged it up.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ruger no 1 308

I have a 1B in 257 Roberts. Made in 85. The throat on it it is longer than my wei....

My loads are 0.074” longer than SAAMI and it will shoot bug holes. Factory ammo...I’m better off throw rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
                      I was looking for a Browning BAR in 243 for my kiddos and it was hard to find. I found a new No. 1V in 243 and snagged it up.
                      Have you worked anything up for it yet? Curious how well it shoots. Regret not getting the last one they had.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                        Have you worked anything up for it yet? Curious how well it shoots. Regret not getting the last one they had.
                        Just got around to shooting it today. It shot Winchester 100 grain pretty good. I’d say 1.5”. I didn’t tape it as these were the first 10 shots from this rifle. I also got some loads from a friend with 105 grain Speer soft points that it shot really good. Last 2 shots were touching. I wish I could’ve sent more down range but I was running out of time. Hope those last 2 weren’t a fluke and the barrel finally got broke in. Guess I’ll have to wait til next time.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                          I guess I’m the lucky one, my #1 270 I bought 30 years ago is a tack driver and by far my favorite rifle.

Comment

Did somebody say not super accurate? Mine is in .270 caliber , I’ve had it 20 years and have nailed tons of hogs and deer with it. Yes, missed a few, but very few. I’ll never sell it.

Comment

Yup got me! I saw the link on the homepage and clicked thinking it was going to be a classified ad.

Comment

Working...
                              X