If COVID is as contagious as they say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    there is about to be a huge outbreak in Arlington and the surrounding area. I watched the Rangers first game at Globe Life Field today and the announced attendance was 38K+ people sitting shoulder to shoulder. Base on what I could see from the tv shots about 80-90% of the people had no face covering on. It is going to be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks in that area. By all accounts there should be a major uptick in reported cases. I glad to see what I saw. I think people have had enough of it at this point. A lot of what we have been told for the past year is being put to the test right before our eyes in Arlington. Maybe I'll become a mask believer in a couple weeks.
    Same deal with the football field at Baylor last night

Comment

Following for my own reasons here..

Comment

Well, if the Rangers don't start winning, this seating capacity issue might not be a discussion point for much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
          Same deal with the football field at Baylor last night
          ACU got all kinds of social media hate after the videos of mostly maskless students on the football field cheering for the Wildcats' win over UT a couple weeks ago. All the same mask nazi BS.... "super spreader event", "selfish", "killing grandma", etc...

ACU's medical clinic hasn't had a single positive COVID test in the last 10 days, and they were down to just a minor trickle before that game. It's pretty much over. Probably 70-80% of the students and large numbers of faculty and staff (my wife included) have already had COVID back in the fall/winter. A large percentage of them have had the jab too, whether they had COVID before or not (my wife included).

All the Karens who are still expecting the whole world to hide under a rock forever need to sit down and be quiet. They're free to exist under a rock for as long as they want, but the rest of the world is going to actually LIVE.

Comment

Old news...
            Research suggests that people in low income countries may have higher immunity to Covid-19.

Synopsis: India is such a crap hole...Indians are more resistant to COVID.
            San Franciscans should have complete tolerance soon.

My wife and 2 small children had COVID in Colorado during winter break and holiday in 2019! Doctors at the Gunnison Valley Hospital ER said...”Its some virus going around and we dont know what it is. It just has to run its course.” DECEMBER 2019. That was a messy non-vacation vacation.

We know SARS 2.0 was international (Wuhan metroplex of 60 million bodies is not not international) at least by September 2019 when the chinese doctor blew the whistle on the internet and the ChiComm shut him up.

Whats the current rate of SARS 2.0 survivability? 96%ish
            Trump said in the first COVID Whitehouse press meeting in Feb 2020...its like a bad flu outbreak...he was right. Im cool wearing a mask though I forget all the time.

Comment

Last survivability numbers I've seen are about 99.7%. Of course, there are folks who survive, but still have ongoing effects. I don't know what the rate for that is. Vast majority survive with no ongoing effects, but it stinks to be unlucky enough to have it bad.

Comment

99.7% of those who got a + test. No telling how many had it and were never tested.

Comment

Rangers won’t win a 65 games this year. By June there won’t be 10000. People at a game should be plenty of social distancing then.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    Last survivability numbers I've seen are about 99.7%. Of course, there are folks who survive, but still have ongoing effects. I don't know what the rate for that is. Vast majority survive with no ongoing effects, but it stinks to be unlucky enough to have it bad.
                    How can any of these so called "statisticians, doctors, or scientists" know any rates? The denominator in any of these rates is number of people infected. They have absolutely no idea what that number is. The collective hystericals have even stated the majority of cases are/were probably asymptomatic.

If they are saying high 99 percentile and then add in all the people never reported as having it and you are so close to 100 percent survival rate its not even funny.

Comment

I was there and 95% of the time i was mask-less. People are just tired of being told not to do anything and i believe this will start to happen more and more often. If you don't like it or agree with it, then stay home.

Comment

I’m going to live the next 11 years like that’s is no tomorrow and when the sea’s rise and suck up half of Tx I’m going to have some sweet ocean front property.

Comment

Any news of the outbreak starting from this super spreader event?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            Any news of the outbreak starting from this super spreader event?
                            I know about 15 people that were there. None are showing signs yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              99.7% of those who got a + test. No telling how many had it and were never tested.
                              Exactly

Comment

There are no actually scientific, prospective, randomized studies demonstrating that masks prevent the spread. The only scientific studies that I have seen show that they don't make a difference. Even the CDC's own, large study showed that masks decreased spread by only 1.2%, which was within the margin of error.

Comment

Working...
                                X