X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think you have taken the first step here asking for help.

As others have said, seek out God and he will help guide your life in the place it needs to be and help you heal.

Good luck with your journey.

Comment

I sent a PM with my cell number. Please call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

God is calling and he won’t stop

Comment

Prayers up for you sir! Seek and you shall find

Comment

What area are you in?

Comment

Please, talk a doctor, you may be in a state of depression. I have been having bad issues with anxiety lately, and on the verge of depression my self. I have talked to a couple doctors and they are trying to help me through it. But please man don’t be afraid of asking for help, I know it’s embarrassing, and you don’t feel like a man, you feel weak. But many many of us have had to deal with it, and many more will in the future. Seriously the sooner you get help the better, it takes a long time to get over it weather it’s depression, drugs or alcohol. Please please don’t give up ! Pm me, and I will give you my phone number if you need someone to talk to. I know it seems like there is no way out, I am there also. But man you got to fight to get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                  In my opinion you’ve ALREADY made the hardest decision there is in admitting you need help and asking for it is HUGE!
                  Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Now make it count.

Prayers for you brother.
                  Remember......... Only those, who give up.......fail...........
                  Lot's of good advise here.............take it............

Comment

Prayer going up brother

Philippians 4:6-7
                    6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I have clung to this scripture through some very dark nights.

Comment

The fact that you're trying to make things better for yourself shows you're not weak. Walking away from your job to get your life the way you want it to be is worth it if that's the only way to do it. If you have a goal in mind you do what you have to do to achieve it.

You're worried about what people think. You should be worried about what you think and what the people you hold dearest to you think. Screw what the folks you work with think about ya. You have kids, make them proud instead. If that means times have to get tough for you to be the man you want to be then so be it. The longer you wait the worse off it's gonna be. Make yourself proud above all else. There ain't no waiting on it. Just buckle down and get it done. If you're dealing with addiction get to rehab and get your life on track. If work is stressing you out, quit. If people in your life are dragging you down get away from them. Ain't nobody gonna look down on you for nothin except you.

My dad wasn't there for me when I was a kid. He was an alcoholic. But he's sober now,has a good job and we have a good relationship now. Ain't nobody worried about the past. Make things happen so that the future is better.

Sounds like you're, your own worst enemy bud. You're a lot harder on yourself than anyone is gonna be. That's why you're gonna change your life.
                      Last edited by okrattler; 03-29-2021, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Prayed for you this morning OP. Humbling yourself and admitting your faults, weakness, and problems is one of the hardest things to do for a man. We tend to be prideful creatures most of the time. It sounds like you are in a dark place right now. I have been there. When I was a young man I battled addiction, depression... you name it. I lost a marriage with a 2 year old daughter at the time. Rock bottom is where I died to my pride and fell to my knees and cried out to God to do for me what I could not do myself. I was sick of what my life had become and hated who I was. God radically changed my life and I trusted Him fully with it. He changed me in ways I can't even explain and the old Josh has been dead for a very long time. He brought my now wife into my life 17 years ago and has blessed me with two more children and an awesome relationship with my 21 year old daughter that I felt like I had let down when she was two. Through that dark period of my life, God worked out an amazing plan that I never could have foreseen. He loves you and desired a relationship with you. He wants to hear all about what's pressing down on you right now and can take all that weight off of you if you will Humble yourself and place your hope and trust in Him. I have lived it and I'm proof of Jesus's power to change a life. Sometimes certain people, places, jobs, etc can be toxic to us in our lives and can be destructive. If God leads you away from some of those people, places, things...just listen. He will never lead you wrong, even if it doesn't make sense at the time. His plan is always perfect, just surrender step into the middle of it.
                        Last edited by Pineywoods; 03-29-2021, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                          Prayed for you this morning OP. Humbling yourself and admitting your faults, weakness, and problems is one of the hardest things to do for a man. We tend to be prideful creatures most of the time. It sounds like you are in a dark place right now. I have been there. When I was a young man I battled addiction, depression... you name it. I lost a marriage with a 2 year old daughter at the time. Rock bottom is where I died to my pride and fell to my knees and cried out to God to do for me what I could not do myself. I was sick of what my life had become and hated who I was. God radically changed my life and I trusted Him fully with it. He changed me in ways I can't even explain and the old Josh has been dead for a very long time. He brought my now wife into my life 17 years ago and has blessed me with two more children and an awesome relationship with my 21 year old daughter that I felt like I had let down when she was two. Through that dark period of my life, God worked out an amazing plan that I never could have foreseen. He loves you and desired a relationship with you. He wants to hear all about what's pressing down on you right now and can take all that weight off of you if you will Humble yourself and place your hope and trust in Him. I have lived it and I'm proof of Jesus's power to change a life. Sometimes certain people, places, jobs, etc can be toxic to us in our lives and can be destructive. If God leads you away from some of those people, places, things...just listen. He will never lead you wrong, even if it doesn't make sense at the time. His plan is always perfect, just surrender step into the middle of it.
                          Dang josh that fish hook was nothing brother. Thanks for sharing and prayers sent for op

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been where Josh was as well, in my case it was alcohol, admitting you are powerless over it is not an easy task, but when you figure that out it's not weakness, it's empowering beyond belief. I lost a marriage, but that's what it took for me to turn my life around, to this day I credit my first wife with saving my life by having the guts to dump me after 18 years of putting up with it. AA worked for me 26 years ago, if your situation is similar to mine it's certainly an option along with the other suggestions offered here.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
                              I need help and I don't know where to go. Posting this on a bowhunting forum, when I mostly hunt with a rifle should tell you. I am hurting bad. I'm tired of waking up on the floor, I'm tired of being a failure as husband, a parent, and a grown man. I cannot go one more day like this. I can't ask for help because of fear of losing everything. How do I walk away from my job, the embarrassment of being weak? I lost my only chance of raising a child, twice. I need help and I have no idea where to go.

Asking for help is the direct opposite of being weak. What’s weak is ignoring it. That’s easy. You can’t do it by yourself or you already would have. I have been in your shoes brother. So I am not giving my thoughts without living it. I spent a lot of years, wasted years, drinking, hungover, or asleep. No way to live.
                              You don’t have to do this by yourself. It’s awesome on the other side. Pm me if you need anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayer sent for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X