Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Bowhunter Education, Field Day Course, Saturday 6 June 2021

Texas Parks and Wildlife Bowhunter Education Course
    Sunday 6 June 2021 July 2019, Cinnamon Creek Archery, Roanoke (North Fort Worth), TX

Texas Parks and Wildlife will be conducting a Bowhunter Education course at Cinnamon Creek Archery (Event Center pavilion), Sunday 6 June 2021. Address-13794 Old Denton Rd. Roanoke, TX 76262.

This is a field day only course, participants will need to have completed the Texas online portion (www.NBEF.org) or http://www.bowhunter-ed.com/texas/ , take the test, print and bring the Field Day qualifier form to the course on Saturday.

Upon successful completion of this course, participants will earn the International Bowhunter Education Program certification. This certification is required for some State requirements as well as some Federal lands in Texas.

The plan is to get started at 0830 sharp. It’s my expectation to complete the course by mid- afternoon. Depending on the number of participants, weather, etc, it may go slightly longer, I apologize in advance.

Note that TPWD is using a new registration system, this system will require you to register online using the TPWD website. Search for the 6 June 2021 Field day course, and register. Link- https://tpwd.elementlms.com/course/b...eld-course-54/

We will not release for lunch, bring a snack and drink if you desire. If that is an issue let me know, the alternative is for everyone to bring a sack lunch.

For the Field Day class, we will not be conducting live-fire. Dress appropriately as we will be outside for a while- hat, boots, insect spray, etc.

For all participants, I believe the online course cost is $30.00, the field day portion will be $15.00 and paid at the beginning of the course.

This being a Field Day only course, it’s better suited for a somewhat experienced bowhunter. The short timeframe usually dictates little or no one-on-one instruction and the online portion has no manner in which to ask questions or enter into discussion. Basically we will cover some important points, engage in a discussion covering rules/ethics and a little safety, participate in a mock blood-trailing, a shoot-don’t shoot/range estimation exercise, some tree-stand demo’s, couple of short videos, and then a TPWD final test.

Let me know if anyone needs handicapped access, as well as if there will be any youth/children attending with you. Neither is a problem, in fact it’s encouraged, but we like to know in advance. Minimum age for certification is 12 years old.

My contact information is Doug at 817-223-2839, DHL-Archery@sbcglobal.net.

I’ve been needing to complete one of these. I may have to put it on the calendar.

Comment

I did this course about a month ago and got certified. It was a great course and learned a few things and highly recommend it.

The range estimation exercise was fun. I did get outside my comfort zone on that one and underestimated at 10 yards.
      Last edited by piercebronkite; 03-26-2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Definitely worthwhile! I did it back in 1996 for a caribou hunt in Alaska. We had a great time in the class and learned a ton.

Comment

1996, are you as old as WCB?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            LOL........nah just been bowhunting since I was in college!
            Mike is young at heart and one heckuva good fella......besides his crappy back issues he would be a spring chicken!

Comment

Mine was in 1997. Bad thing was that I had to show the instructor how to blood trail.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I enjoyed my field course but it included "live fire". I guess actually being able to accurately shoot a bow is no longer necessary for hunters.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                Last edited by DRT; 03-26-2021, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Well I enjoyed my field course but bbn it included "live fire". I guess actually being able to accurately shoot a bow is no longer necessary for hunters.

Yessir, we had too shoot in front of everyone. Some very good hunters were making horrible shots with the whole class watching........lol!

Comment

I guess everyone just gets a trophy for just showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                      I guess everyone just gets a trophy for just showing up.

No throphys given, should we change it?

Comment

Negative Joe Dirt, no trophy's given, any ideas to change the curriculum, volunteer as a instructor, otherwise- x.

Comment

Negative Joe Dirt, no trophy's given, any ideas to change the curriculum, volunteer as a instructor, otherwise- x.
                          Well the original idea worked. Make the candidates shoot for a score. Can't make minimum then you don't get the certification.
                          Sorry if it hurts your little feelings but that's the way it still should be.

Comment

No hurt feelings here, I just follow the curriculum as I'm instructed.

Comment

That's all you can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X