New puppie time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New puppie time

so our little girl a mini rat terrier passed after 15 years. The wife and I jave started looking for a new family member or 2. Wife want a Rottweiler and i want either a lab or English cocker spaniel.a hunting dog. Both will be in house but also outside when needed.
    Looking for breeder info for all breeds and any suggestion s. I rdont know anything about rotties at all.

I've had 1 Rottweiler and she was awesome. Sweet, gentle and intelligent. She was very jealous when I bought lady friends home. She would hop up on the sofa and sit between us and growl. Cracked me up.

She would have made a great bird dog. She loved to chase geese in the cemetery pond. She would chase them down the hill into the pond and then swim all over the pond. Chasing them like a gator. She caught one once, cut him off before he could get to the water. She was a happy girl.
    She would also catch squirrels.

My wife loves Dobermans. We have had 3 in total. We have 2 now.

They are awesome dogs. They are the perfect dogs if you are an empty nester because it's like having kids in the house. They are very intelligent and emotional. They throw temper tantrums and pout. Funny stuff.
    They are not a dog that you can just feed and forget. They will be all up in your business all the time.

Comment

We love boxers. One of the most loyal family dogs you can own. Not the size of rotty but definitely big enough to protect

Comment

Dude one our most beloved family dogs was a rat terrier.

Comment

Go bold...get a GSP

Comment

I'm in the boxer fan wagon! The most loyal and easiest to train dog I have ever owned... very gentle with children, great alert /guard dog big enough to back it up but will calm down quickly when need be... i have put him on hogs before and he cut one out and stayed on him till i called him off,,,, but he does shed and after the harvey flood he became mostly an outside dog.

we just got a standard poodle a few months ago and he is turning out to be a very good and alert house dog, he reacts quickly to the outside dogs ,,,, they are also a hunting /retriever breed that love water and have a very good bark! do some reading on them before you cross them off

Comment

Never had a Rot. Not a fan of boxers, although they are very mild mannered.

I will be looking at a Brittany, GSP and maybe a lab when I start looking. I want a hunting dog as well as a good family dog.

Comment

Originally posted by mechhead View Post
                Go insane...get a GSP

FIFY

Those dogs are crazy.

Comment

we lost our girl after 17 1\2 years, feel bad looking .. god luck to ya'll, hope find a good addition to the familia.. as that's what they are

Comment

Hard to beat a lab! They can do it all

Go bold...get a GSP
                    i wanted a GSP for a long time, until i was actually around a few.
                    Pretty dogs though.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      We love boxers. One of the most loyal family dogs you can own. Not the size of rotty but definitely big enough to protect
                      Boxers are great Family dogs. I have had 2 of them. We just lost our 5 year old Mini Schnauzer to Prostate cancer. He was probably the smartest dog I have ever had because my wife spent so much time working with him. He wasn’t yappy like most Schnauzers, and he didn’t shed. Good luck on whatever you get.

Comment

Look up juggernaut spaniels... I would looked for tight coated cockers for sure. I'm ehh on rotties, seen good ones and seen bad ones in the clinic

My next big one will be a pudlepointer

Comment

have a lab, bet all around dog i could ask for....though he has learned how to turn door knobs lately......

Comment

I’d recommend a weimerarmar if you like a Velcro dog, best family dog we have had yet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B4EF25BC-5481-496B-A29E-E3E1AB802590.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	24636974

Comment

Go bold...get a GSP
                              We currently have 2...a male and a female. They are high energy, incredibly smart, extremely good family dogs. However, they will try your patience.

But, doubt I will ever own another breed.

Comment

Working...
                              X