Corn all year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn all year?

Do any of you guys just feed plain ol corn all year? No protein or other attractants, just plain corn. I know it has no benefits for deer but just to keep them around.

It’s better thAn nothing

Comment

Unless you have a feeder pen, I've found out that year round corn just usually brings in a bunch of unwanted guest... hogs, coons etc..

Comment

Been interested in this myself. Want to know what I should put in my feeder in the winter. Right now it’s strictly corn. However, I have a whole array of plants growing that they love.

Subscribled

Comment

That’s all we’ve ever fed. But, we’ve also never been on a place that does any sort of actual managing. Our leases have always been fill your tags or 8 points or better so never really worth it to feed anything other than corn.

Comment

We run corn all year

Comment

We do corn year round, just turn the feeders down. We have seen more deer year after year after starting this. You really have to control the hog population though. Makes for a fun reason to sit in the blind during the spring and summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We all have the 600 lbs stand and fills, and after the season we change the settings to throw one time a day (6-7 seconds in the morning) and that will usually last all summer. We will go back to twice a day late August early Sept.

Edit - we all have pens around ours to keep the landowner's cows out.

Comment

Yes, been doing it for 15 years. Helps hold the deer.

Comment

I run my hog feeders year around. Keeps them happy in one place .... like a pay off

I don’t hunt... or have any deer around a feeder and haven’t in 5-6 years.... which is reason I don’t hunt them. Maybe a doe with fawns a few weeks of the year. That’s it. But I kill the heck out of pigs and it’s easier for me to compile them for trapping, bow hunting or thermal poisoning with the feeder

Comment

We leave our feeders the same year round but we don’t have hogs... “knock on wood”.

We also feed protein from March to October .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We feed corn year round, just turn it down to 3 secs in morning and 3 secs in the evening after the season is over. I've at least let it convince me that it helps hold the deer around the area. Who knows, may be all for not, but doesn't add too much to the yearly feed bill and gives the occasional opportunity in the spring/summer to knock down an axis.

Comment

I have always fed corn year around. Now I feed corn & protein year around. Definitely has kept animals around.

Comment

I feed corn year round and protein in the off season.

Comment

Feed corn out of feeder year round
                              Put out hand corn year round

Comment

Working...
                              X