No announcement yet.

Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a nut and bolt in my release, makes shooting it way easier, but I still can't group with it that well. This was 30 yards, after that the groups with it open way up. Props to you guys who shoot thumb releases [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a correct way to shoot the release. That might be your issue. Plus your tune was just to get you started and on the plate. How does the bow hold? What’s your float pattern like? All of these can cause issues.

Comment

And also what is spread out? Be realistic with yourself. You just need to stay in the pie plate. Most people are not touching arrows at thirty yards. It takes lots of practice and a good mental shot to group tight consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
          There is a correct way to shoot the release. That might be your issue. Plus your tune was just to get you started and on the plate. How does the bow hold? What’s your float pattern like? All of these can cause issues.

And also what is spread out? Be realistic with yourself. You just need to stay in the pie plate. Most people are not touching arrows at thirty yards. It takes lots of practice and a good mental shot to group tight consistently.
          I honestly do feel like I'm shooting it wrong, it just has a lot of give before the arrow flies and trying to hurry through that I think makes me pull my shots. My float pattern I've been trying is a figure 8 pattern, and what do you mean by how it holds? Also I feel like I really have to pull against the back wall to get my shots up where the sight pin is, which I feel makes my shots less steady

Comment

Shnf '18-19

Your hold is how your pin sits on the target. Your float is how the pin moves around the target. If your float is low and under the target could be you pulling up with your release hand. Fast jittery movement is a sign of a short draw length. Slow and stretched out is a sign of a long draw length. It’s finding the draw length and loop length that keeps you smooth and steady on target.

Comment

And as for the release shot. It should be a subconscious shot. When it fires it should catch you off guard. Like a surprise at first. That’s when you know your shooting good shots. Focus on aiming. Not the release going off.

Comment

Your hold is how your pin sits on the target. Your float is how the pin moves around the target. If your float is low and under the target could be you pulling up with your release hand. Fast jittery movement is a sign of a short draw length. Slow and stretched out is a sign of a long draw length. It’s finding the draw length and loop length that keeps you smooth and steady on target.
                Sounds like maybe his draw length is too short as it stands now?

Comment

And as for the release shot. It should be a subconscious shot. When it fires it should catch you off guard. Like a surprise at first. That’s when you know your shooting good shots. Focus on aiming. Not the release going off.
                  Hm okay, do you think I should move in to 20 and just shoot focusing on float patterns and repeatability? And how hard should I pull against the back wall, cause where I feel comfortable I shoot tighter groups but they're lower, so I don't know if I'm letting it creep without thinking

Comment

Que paso amigos?!! Good luck to everyone this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
                      Hm okay, do you think I should move in to 20 and just shoot focusing on float patterns and repeatability? And how hard should I pull against the back wall, cause where I feel comfortable I shoot tighter groups but they're lower, so I don't know if I'm letting it creep without thinking

I am not saying move forward. Just keep practicing. Focus on making good shot. As your shots get better you’re float will get better also.

Comment

AllRight new thread! Excited for deer season to start up already.

Comment

I wouldn't get hung up on trying to hit the back wall. I'd focus on where it's comfortable and where you're making good shots.
                          If the bow is set up too long and you feel as though you're trying to stretch to reach the back, then maybe we should shorten your d loop. That way you're able to pull it to the stop and still in a comfortable shooting position. Main thing is to practice.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

That bow has a draw stop on the cam. So that’s what stops the draw cycle. If it’s like an elite. Pulling hard on it will give it left and rights. I doubt you are creeping. But are more relaxed and letting the bow shoot. You can adjust that stop and change the holding weight of the bow. If you need to.

Comment

well Sherry is back at it. Shooting turtles in the head with her bow. I have never seen someone get so much entertainment in shooting turtles.

Comment

That bow has a draw stop on the cam. So that’s what stops the draw cycle. If it’s like an elite. Pulling hard on it will give it left and rights. I doubt you are creeping. But are more relaxed and letting the bow shoot. You can adjust that stop and change the holding weight of the bow. If you need to.
                                I think what he is saying is that when he draws the bow back he's not hitting the draw stop. He has to stretch to hit the stop. So when he relaxes he isn't against that stop. Thats when he shoots well. When he stretches to the stop, that's when he shoots off.

Maybe I'll text him and tell him to get on her and answer .....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X