Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    My phone can do that too.
    …. I pay several thousand a year for mine, and I can’t call across the road 90% of the time

Comment

I’m a radio operator out of Rosenberg just haven’t gotten me an HF rig yet for what ever reason. Love the FT-818ND

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
        I got some REAL funny looks when I started pulling out big black tubes and screwing em together [emoji23][emoji23]

I have a pic from the beach….its freakin ridiculous. Looks like a huge outrigger!
        Interesting topic BuckySWT, thanks for the detailed explanation. After reading your posts, I have a little bit better understanding about this.

Comment

That's cool

Comment

Originally posted by Stick bow View Post
            I’m a radio operator out of Rosenberg just haven’t gotten me an HF rig yet for what ever reason. Love the FT-818ND

Its a great radio.
            I researched a ton bc I didnt know squat going in. I got this used on ebay and have been learning how to make it work.
            Im improving

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
              Interesting topic BuckySWT, thanks for the detailed explanation. After reading your posts, I have a little bit better understanding about this.

That’s the other part of this activity that I love. Promoting the activity [emoji106]
              Its a cool hobby and can provide tons of assistance during emergencies.

Comment

Awesome thread. I've been meaning to get into HF but just haven't had the time.

K5KCA

Comment

That’s awesome!

Comment

Very cool! I’ve always had an interest in ham radio. Just never bought the stuff and learned to use it.

Comment

Radio

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                      Very cool! I’ve always had an interest in ham radio. Just never bought the stuff and learned to use it.
                      You can get into pretty cheap nowadays. Baofeng uv-5r will get you into local repeaters. Test can even been taken online now. Some repeaters are connected to the internet and linked across the world.

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
                        You can get into pretty cheap nowadays. Baofeng uv-5r will get you into local repeaters. Test can even been taken online now. Some repeaters are connected to the internet and linked across the world.

First radio was a $26 baofeng.
                        Still use it. Works great too.
                        Attached it to a mag mount antenna and had it in my truck.

Comment

Working...
                        X