Any preferences on Dash Cams ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any preferences on Dash Cams ?

My son almost got into an accident when someone started to change lanes while he was in it. The other person was going slow and luckily he was able to avoid the accident.

He asked me how would he would be able to tell the law/insurance that it was not his fault(abscent of any witnesses). Good question and we discussed the he said/she said scnarios.

Got me thinking about a dash cam. They look to have gotten better and cheaper. so... What is preferred ? I don't know how long they record before overlaying itself(SD card)

What to look for...what to avoid?

thanx,

Happy with mine. Held up through 5 summers so far. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X528FNE..._VPIzxwH3l8ZK6

How long they record before overlaying depends on the size of the micro SD... if you are in a wreck, record the info afterwards then take it out.

I would go with 64 gig personally at a minimum.

Comment

No sir

Comment

I've been running the second of these since November 8th 2020. The first one quit looping the recording on the card and ask for it to be cleared.
        They replaced the first faulty unit free of charge.

Not an awesome endorsement, but a truthful one.
        Plenty cheap enough and has the rear camera too.

Edit- Ctom87's looks to have a lot more going on (more value) than the one I bought.....

Comment

I’ve been looking at the Nexar cameras. They are fairly inexpensive, seem to have many features, and they get decent reviews. Something to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            I've been running the second of these since November 8th 2020. The first one quit looping the recording on the card and ask for it to be cleared.
            They replaced the first faulty unit free of charge.

Not an awesome endorsement, but a truthful one.
            Plenty cheap enough and has the rear camera too.

Edit- Ctom87's looks to have a lot more going on (more value) than the one I bought.....
            It says "Batteries not included". Does it use batteries or 12 volt plug?

Comment

tagged

Comment

Garmin 46

Comment

thanx folks, will look into the ones listed.

Comment

IN...

I see more crazy stuff on a daily basis that should be recorded. I was pulling my skid steer yesterday and was cutoff probably 5 times over 60 miles. The general public is as dumb as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by crxshooter View Post
                      It says "Batteries not included". Does it use batteries or 12 volt plug?

It plugs in. The thing is so small I’m not sure where a battery would fit.

It comes with a usb cord and another 12v cigarette lighter plug with 2 usb female slots on the cab side. That’s the one I’m powering it with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is a Chinese off-brand(from Amazon) but it works well and saved my bacon back in 2019 when a lady whipped over in front of me, from the middle lane, into the left turn lane which I was already in, and slammed on her brakes causing me to rear-end her. Of course she's all apologetic when I get out and start taking pics of everything but come claim time, said it wasn't her fault. Camera footage showed everything, her being an idiot and all. Insurance changed their tune as well when I sent them footage. Got a check from them a few weeks later.

Comment

following

Comment

This is what the insurance company at work recommended we put in our work trucks.

It can link to your phone and has an app.

From the popular camera and accessories manufacturer Scosche, NEXS1 is a premium dash cam that is fully compatible with the Nexar experience. NEXS1 records in 1080p full HD quality and is equipped with the high-end Sony Starvis image sensor that provides excellent visibility at night. It comes with either a sticker or

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes
                            Last edited by Pushbutton2; 07-09-2021, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Second ctom87's post. I have something similar, though an older model as it only supports up to 32Gb cards. The only thing I would add, is to install it with an installation kit from the Dashcam Store. You just run the cable under our headliner and A pillar molding to your fuse box. I use a spare fuse slot, but it comes with an adapter to allow you to install it without taking up a fuse slot. I recommend using a fuse that comes on with the ignition as opposed to an always hot fuse. An always hot fuse will allow the camera to turn on if the car gets bumped while the car is off. But you'll have to manually turn the camera off every time you turn the car off.

The Dashcam Store's exclusive line of Made in the USA dash cam installation kits: the best way to install your new dashcam! No cutting or splicing, so easy

Comment

Working...
                              X