AZ Trail Camera Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AZ Trail Camera Ban

AZGFD voted 5-0 to ban trail cameras for hunting.
    Article

What are these “trail cameras” of which you speak?

Seriously though, good grief.

Comment

I hope that doesn’t gain momentum across the Country.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        I hope that doesn’t gain momentum across the Country.

I could see it happening in more states like Arizona where the vast majority of land is not privately owned. I don’t think it’s as likely in states like Texas where the vast majority of land is private.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It sounds like it was the checking of cards they didn’t like due to extra visits by people. Maybe they could have allowed LTE cameras, but that didn’t happen. I don’t hunt AZ but that was my first impression.

Comment

AZ Trail Camera Ban

Originally posted by Burwabit View Post
            It sounds like it was the checking of cards they didn’t like due to extra visits by people. Maybe they could have allowed LTE cameras, but that didn’t happen. I don’t hunt AZ but that was my first impression.

We had a couple Arizona F&G guys visit the spartan booth about 3 years ago and they pretty well expressed the same reasons as stated in the article for banning cameras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Funny how we used to not have them and still killed game back then.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

These people are too stupid to talk to. IMO trail cameras are as useful as feeders. They give you the ability to make informed decisions on what’s there. Knowing this allows the hunter to harvest mature animals.

Comment

I would just say I was using for wildlife viewing, like to see all kinds of animals and birds.

Stupid deer and elk are camera hogs so I don't get many pics that don't have an elk or deer in them

Comment

I don't think it's the cameras themselves that is the issue. The problem was everyone was put them on the same waterholes and the traffic to and from was crazy. Like 30+ per waterhole. I've even heard there were people (who knew they weren't going to draw a bull tag anytime soon) essentially selling pictures of huge elk, To people who drew the area almost as a tip on where to concentrate efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                      I don't think it's the cameras themselves that is the issue. The problem was everyone was put them on the same waterholes and the traffic to and from was crazy. Like 30+ per waterhole. I've even heard there were people (who knew they weren't going to draw a bull tag anytime soon) essentially selling pictures of huge elk, To people who drew the area almost as a tip on where to concentrate efforts.
                      Bingo !

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                        These people are too stupid to talk to. IMO trail cameras are as useful as feeders. They give you the ability to make informed decisions on what’s there. Knowing this allows the hunter to harvest mature animals.
                        Public land/private land like comparing apples and oranges. There might be 50 cameras set up on only water source for miles and with that many cameras comes the non stop traffic to check cameras. Lots of pressure on wildlife. Managing wildlife on public land for mature animals not happening.

Comment

Went back and read the article, is this on all land or just public?

I did not see clarification on that

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Funny how we n to not have them and still killed game back then.

Funny how we use to sit in a deer stand for hours or days at a time and have no idea what type of deer would show up, if any.

Technology is great!

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 06-22-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

For management at your lease or private land maybe. On public land, especially the wild areas for elk and mule deer, I don't think it's the same as the family farm.
                              While I dont like government intrusion I also see how it negatively impacts wildlife.

Comment

Working...
                              X