Permit-less carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
    Anyone done the research on what happens to the LTC? Surely it’s not just going away is it? Seems like it would still be necessary for travel to other states.
    Can I / should I still get a License to Carry (LTC)?

HB 1927 does not repeal existing LTC law. Texans who are
    eligible for an LTC can still obtain an LTC.
    You may wish to get or keep an LTC for the following purposes:

Reciprocity (for carry in other states that recognize the LTC)
    Firearm purchases (those with an LTC receive a Federal
    exemption from a background check when purchasing a
    firearm from a dealer)
    Carry on college campuses (with applicable regulations)
    Carry on Lower Colorado River Authority property
    Carry in open meetings of governmental entities.

Comment

Some good points and some not so good points. Thanks to all who gave mature and reasonable answers. I tend to agree that those who are crazy and want to carry, will carry either way...

To those who suggested I should move or gave stupid answers,,,,
      I'm no moving anywhere, I love Texas and will always love Texas. I chose to have my kids be born here and be Texans and I couldn't be more proud that a part of me is Texas born.

God Bless,

Ali

Comment

Permits never did anything for crazy people with guns anyway. Just red tape for law abiding citizens

And 99 out of 100 people I know that do carry and have a permit are far more dangerous because of it. I permit can’t change a persons heart and way of rational thinking

Comment

Where were you born?

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
            Can I / should I still get a License to Carry (LTC)?

HB 1927 does not repeal existing LTC law. Texans who are
            eligible for an LTC can still obtain an LTC.
            You may wish to get or keep an LTC for the following purposes:

Reciprocity (for carry in other states that recognize the LTC)
            Firearm purchases (those with an LTC receive a Federal
            exemption from a background check when purchasing a
            firearm from a dealer)
            Carry on college campuses (with applicable regulations)
            Carry on Lower Colorado River Authority property
            Carry in open meetings of governmental entities.
            Thanks. Looks like it will be worth retaining my LTC. The renewal is only every 4 years anyway. The ability to purchase firearms without the background check call is reason enough.

I'd also venture to say, having an LTC still would make any random confrontations with LEOs while carrying be less hassle for both parties. I don't get pulled over often, but I always hand over both ID's.

I'm all for constitutional carry, but for the nominal fee every 4 years, I'm going to retain my LTC.

Comment

I will still get my LTC when I get my Child Support fully paid off. I was told half way thru the class that I had a very slim chance of getting it since I was behind on CS. I finished the classroom portion of the class and didn’t worry about taking the shooting part at the time. I almost have it totally paid off and will be getting the class taken after the first of the year. I have always carried in my truck. I will start to carry in September.

Comment

I remember when they passed open carry and everybody especially the left said we would go back to the old west days and there would gun fights in the streets. Murders were suppose to go way up as well as other crime. None of it happened. Same with CC nothing will change.

Comment

Rather judged by 12 then carried by 6.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                    Rather judged by 12 then carried by 6.
                    Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                      Thanks. Looks like it will be worth retaining my LTC. The renewal is only every 4 years anyway.
                      Interesting, mine is six years.

Comment

Maybe now all the criminals who carry unlawfully will have something to think about knowing that all citizens have the right to carry and defend themselves. There are plenty of guys like myself that never had the time or desire to sit through a LTC class. Now if they can pass the new suppressor laws we will be in business.

Comment

the only difference will be that those that are already carrying without the permit will be legal. I doubt many new people will start carrying.

Comment

Your argument sounds like the same argument the libs use to try and get rid of "assault" rifles. If we limit the number of guns crazy people dont have access to them. Or we need stronger background checks... But I rarely hear this rebuttal, which is my opinion. If someone has made up their mind to injure people, they are going to injure people.... If we take away guns they will make bombs, possibly even car bombs like they do in the Middle East. If they can't make a bomb, they will start a fire. If they can't find a match they will use a knife. Etc..... The answer is pretty simple really. Why do the "no gun zones" have the highest shooting rates? Because the criminals know that no-one will be shooting back it them!!!

Comment

The best solution to all these shootings is for the media to stop glorifying these psychopaths! Then they wouldn't seek the attention they are after when they shoot these places/people up...

Comment

Hell crazy people have rights also.

Comment

Working...
                                X