Kids and phones ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids and phones ?

At what age did you get y’all kids a cell phone ? My kid is starting to bug the heck out of me to get her one .

Comment

14, when he started high school. Got him a new one for a Christmas gift his freshmen year in college. That first phone lasted 4.5 years.

Comment

My oldest is 11.5 and I havent even gave it a thought. I've tossed around 13-14... mainly when they start after school extracurricular activities.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Being in the military and gone a lot, and my wife being very sick, both of my boys got their first ones at 12. They only used them for getting in touch with me if something was wrong with mama. If my wife or I get an upgrade, they get our hand me down as their upgrade. May be it was a little early for them but when your wife has metal all throughout her mid section and a feeding tube you have no choice.

Comment

When they can pay their own bill. I am not buying them one and they can buy one themselves when they get a job. Same with cars. Worked for me and has worked for my oldest, 2 more kids to go...

Comment

My oldest turns 13 in a couple of months... thought hasn't even entered my mind or his.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t want to do it yet. My wife is on the fence about . Leaning towards getting her one .

Comment

My oldest was bugging us like crazy too. We compromised….we gave them both old phones of ours that are not activated, but the can get on wireless at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Strummer,
                    We got our kids one when they started middle school.
                    I hate to say it but they used it a lot for school and it helped us to communicate with them about practice times and what not.

Comment

If I was in that...window of my life ...I think Freshman in HS ..Put on charger in my room and off at nite 2130..and if any grades slip below a C phone would be mine tell next report card thats C or better..............You can use it as a tool if ya play your cards right!!!!!!

Comment

Mine got one when she was 5-6 yrs. It only would call 5 or 6 numbers and they had to be programmed into it by a parent. Only those 5-6 people knew that number also, she could not even give it out.
                        Only reason she had it was her grandmother, mom or me would pick her up from school and she called to let them know she was picked up. I worked weird hours like her mom. Grandmother usually got her.

Comment

Check out Gabb Wireless phones. Call, text and camera ability with gps tracking and NOTHING ELSE. All these children with a full blown "Smart" phone blow my mind. Volunteering at my daughter's Elementary pre-covid, I can't tell you how many kids had snap chat, YouTube access, etc....and the emotional stresses that came with them.

Children have absolutely NO NEED for a smart phone!

Comment

We got ours when they started Junior high and after school sports.

Comment

16 with heavy restrictions! Cell phones are a Huge responsibility and they aren’t even ready at 16. So many parents use them as baby sitters and allow full access . Most parents do have No idea as to what their children are exposed to! IMHO kids should remain kids - they don’t need that kind of stimulation and it doesn’t matter what other parents are allowing their children to do! These children are Our responsibility and by caving to our children’s wants we are being very irresponsible! Grown Adults are addicted to their cell phones, do you really want that for a child?

Comment

Working...
                              X